DC Shuts Down 8 Restaurants for Back Taxes

Lola007

Don will undoubtedly delete this for crossing over into an overtly political discussion, but why "boo" and why the angry face? Should places of business simply be allowed to continue to operate if they don't pay their taxes?

Don will undoubtedly delete this for crossing over into an overtly political discussion, but why "boo" and why the angry face? Should places of business simply be allowed to continue to operate if they don't pay their taxes?

:(

Sorry, but I don't see anything political about posting this news piece. As for the "boo," etc. I'm unhappy as I'd like to be able to go to Mendocino, one of my favorite wine bars. No comment on your other question as I didn't post to get into that kind of discussion. I honestly thought the post might provide useful info to others, who like me, might have been planning to go to Mendocino or one of the other establishments this weekend.

Oh well...so much for good intentions.

Well, then, my sincere apologies. I misread your post. I misread your "boo" and anger as anger at the fact that they had been shut down for not paying back taxes as opposed to disappointment that they're simply not open. Sorry. Crazy interwebs.

Especially this time of year...

post-5654-125693720218_thumb.jpg

Well, then, my sincere apologies. I misread your post. I misread your "boo" and anger as anger at the fact that they had been shut down for not paying back taxes as opposed to disappointment that they're simply not open. Sorry. Crazy interwebs.

Ok, thanks. And it is almost Halloween, so BOO!

Not paying your sales taxes?! Sheesh, I hope the Mendocino folks get it together, start a payment plan....