Goose Island Bourbon County Stout

alan7147

After I got a taste of this earlier this year, I was hoping it would show up here (Thanks for the heads up). Bombers gone, but 12oz 4 packs available at $22.99 or by single bottle at $5.99. Dave said he had 13 cases of it (!) Phenomenal stuff, and I'm not really even that much of an imperial stout lover. If you liked the Founders Breakfast Stout, wait until you get a load of this...

Tried it over the weekend in Chicago. I'm a big fan of stouts (being from Ireland I kinda have to be) but found this to be borderline undrinkable. Judging by the ecstatic reviews on BA and ratebeer I am very much in the minority on this one but happy with my stance.

Just way too much going on with this beer and the whiskey taste was completely completely over the top. I didn't finish it, something I thought I'd never do with a $11 beer.

After I got a taste of this earlier this year, I was hoping it would show up here (Thanks for the heads up). Bombers gone, but 12oz 4 packs available at $22.99 or by single bottle at $5.99. Dave said he had 13 cases of it (!) Phenomenal stuff, and I'm not really even that much of an imperial stout lover. If you liked the Founders Breakfast Stout, wait until you get a load of this...

Jaw-droppingly good. I brought a bottle of the 2009 to a beer-geek squad tasting we had last week and everyone there was floored - the people that hadn't tried it before anyway.

Apparently at the previous beer-geek squad tasting (which I couldn't attend GAH!!!) someone brought a bottle of 2006, 2007, and 2008 so they could see how well it would age. From all reports, quite well.