Lasagna

They always seem to have it on the lunch menu at Toscana (behind Union Station). I keep thinking I'll try it but get diverted by their sandwiches soups and pizza. By the way this place only has outdoor seating so it's going to be mostly a take out lunch option under current weather conditions. I'll post back if and when I eventually try it.

website

The thread on what wine to serve with traditional Lasagne alla Bolognese got me craving lasagne. I would make it at home, but my kids aren't wild about it. What restaurants have got the best traditional lasagne in town? Dino for sure, but are there any lunch options?

Sorriso in Cleveland Park has a very good traditional lasagne (and excellent pasta dishes, in general). But I believe it's only open for lunch on Saturdays.

This question had me racking my brain, trying to remember where I had the best lasagna. It finally came to me; Ecco-the now defunct restaurant which was replaced by Overwood on Lee St. in Alexandria.

It was large, meaty, creamy, cheesy....oh my. It came with a huge salad, and made for a great leftover lunch. I miss it.

(I know this isn't helpful, but I just had to share)

This question had me racking my brain, trying to remember where I had the best lasagna. It finally came to me; Ecco-the now defunct restaurant which was replaced by Overwood on Lee St. in Alexandria.

It was large, meaty, creamy, cheesy....oh my. It came with a huge salad, and made for a great leftover lunch. I miss it.

(I know this isn't helpful, but I just had to share)

Ecco is the first place I thought of too! I have not had it myself, but I have also heard on good authority that the lasagna at Kora is noteworthy.