Peeps & Co. Store Now Open in National Harbor

goodeats

Nothing a good peep joust won't remedy.

(ladies and gentleman, start your microwave engines)

(toothpicks, set)

(go!)

What is a peep joust? From your description, it sounds like you put them in the microwave and then see which one pops first..Something like that? Anyway, probably a much better use for the peep rather than eating it. Seriously man, I never understood the appeal of those things. Sugar blob coated with sand. Nar-sty. And now there is an entire store devoted to them? The funny thing is, I bet that store sells more in a day than I do in a month.

My next venture will be a store devoted to circus peanuts and those candy dots on a piece of tickertape paper.

What is a peep joust? From your description, it sounds like you put them in the microwave and then see which one pops first..Something like that? Anyway, probably a much better use for the peep rather than eating it. Seriously man, I never understood the appeal of those things. Sugar blob coated with sand. Nar-sty. And now there is an entire store devoted to them? The funny thing is, I bet that store sells more in a day than I do in a month.

My next venture will be a store devoted to circus peanuts and those candy dots on a piece of tickertape paper.

Peep Jousting

(yes, that was obnoxious of me)

(i blame hypoglycemia via one too many peep references)

(10kforapaisleypeep.com?)

We stopped in the Peeps store when we were at National Harbor over Thanksgiving weekend. The store is across from the Awakening statue. It has lots of kitschy peeps stuff (mugs, clothing, stuffed toys, cookbook, etc.) and yes, I bought a chocolate covered peep. I don't like peeps normally, and the chocolate form is much better. They also have Mike n Ike and Hot Tamale stuff (watch out on the price of the Mike and Ike that's available in bulk for mix and match your own, a bag ended up costing more than my sister in law expected).

I haven't done peep jousting since I was in college. Love it. :angry:

Once Easter rolls around again, I plan to organize some kind of "peeps & Peeps" DR event.

The design challenge will be combining the insta-fun of Peep manipulation with something(s) actually edible.

Good thing I have several months to think about this. :lol: