Christmas Goose

mdt

I found a topic for goose breast, but nothing on how to cook an entire goose. I am making two different birds for thanksgiving, a heritage turkey, and a goose. I have the former covered, but was wondering if anyone had any ideas for the goose. Because of limited oven space one of the birds has to be cooked on a grill and a slow rotisserie seems like the best option for one of them. I might stuff it with some fruit hoping that the juice will find its way into the meat as it slowly turns. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Where did you get your goose?

I have a friend who usually spends Christmas in France but is here this year and wants to roast a goose for Christmas dinner. She's having trouble finding one. Any suggestions?

I have no specific info, but have you tried calling the various butchers in the area? Don't know what area is convenient to you, but there is Wagshal's (DC), Let's Meat on the Avenue (Alexandria), Organic Butcher (McLean), Springfield Butcher (Springfield) that I can think of off the top of my head.