Kentlands Farmers' Market

The market at the Kentland's should be ashamed to claim to be a farmer's market. 8 vendors--3 selling produce, one selling dog treats and the others were artists.

Sigh...

We did walk around and enjoy the day and marvel at the number of dentists and nail salons to choose from.

Is the Thursday Gaithersburg market any better? Or should I just suck it up and plan to schlep in for Dupont or Takoma on Sundays?

(I thought the Saturday Rockville market was pretty lame...)

Jennifer

I went to the Gaithersburg Main St Pavilion Farmer's Farmer Market on Saturday. :blink: The "pavilion" is more like a gazebo in Kentlands with a few tomatoes, eggplant, and peppers underneath along with someone selling some artwork. Not worth a stop unless you happen to be shopping at the Whole Foods nearby.

I went to the Gaithersburg Main St Pavilion Farmer's Farmer Market on Saturday. B) The "pavilion" is more like a gazebo in Kentlands with a few tomatoes, eggplant, and peppers underneath along with someone selling some artwork. Not worth a stop unless you happen to be shopping at the Whole Foods nearby.

I spent today going to 6 different farm markets>>> The Kentlands market isn't large, but also isn't as bad as this description. There were 3 produce farmers, each with a different variety of offerings and only some overlap. Canela bakery is there with breads, danishes and empenadas. There were some craft vendors, including T shirts and bansai. Overall, I wouldn't necessarily drive far out of my way to go there. Yet I do wonder... Q:how many strawberry vendors does it take to get an enjoyable pint? A:Just one if you get a good pint.