Blue Moon Belgian White

At Black's in Bethesda.

Blue Moon on draft, served in a beautiful frozen glass with a slice of orange. It doesn't get any more refreshing than this on a hot day. I first had Blue Moon on draft in Frederick a few years ago, and went gaga. Black's Blue Moon on draft is SO much better because of the ultra-chilled, attractive glass.

Blue Moon on draft, served in a beautiful frozen glass with a slice of orange. It doesn't get any more refreshing than this on a hot day. I first had Blue Moon on draft in Frederick a few years ago, and went gaga. Black's Blue Moon on draft is SO much better because of the ultra-chilled, attractive glass.

Normally I'd hate to see a wheat beer served in a frosted glass, but I guess it doesn't bother me too much for a Coors product.

I've never really seen the appeal of Blue Moon when compared to the widely available Allagash White, or even any other US brewed Begian-style wheat beer.

Normally I'd hate to see a wheat beer served in a frosted glass, but I guess it doesn't bother me too much for a Coors product.

Do you mean Molson Coors, the six-billion dollar conglomerate producing five-billion liters of industrial swill each year?

Do you mean Molson Coors, the six-billion dollar conglomerate producing five-billion liters of industrial swill each year?

That's the one. Their Blue Moon Belgian White stands head and shoulders above the rest of the Coors brews - but still far below any other wheat beer I've ever tasted.

I've never really seen the appeal of Blue Moon when compared to the widely available Allagash White, or even any other US brewed Begian-style wheat beer.

Do you know of anyplace that has great food and serves Allagash White on draft in iced glasses, so cold that there are shards of ice in the beer? I'll be sure to order it, if I go on a hot summer afternoon. I rarely drink beer--though I did once buy a six-pack of Allagash. I vaguely recall that it was good, but neither of us liked it enough to buy it again. My husband hated Hoegaarden, the one time I bought it in bottles. On a steamy summer day, a Blue Moon semi-slushy was totally refreshing. In other situations, other times if the year, with other options offered, I might not order it.

Sorry, Zora, but......slushy beer? Yuck. Ice cold.....sometimes acceptable.... slushy? No excuse. Heat or not. :lol:

A bit hyperbolic on my part--there were some ice crystals in the foam. But, yikes, one would think that I had been extolling the virtues of Bud Lite. I'm afraid that I am not welcome to play in the same league as beer connoisseurs like you and Brian. Oh well. The terroir-is-next-to-god, old-world-only burgundy-philes look down their noses at me, too. :)

I'm afraid that I am not welcome to play in the same league as beer connoisseurs like you and Brian.

To each his/her own - you can be happy with your Coors-brewed slushy beer and I'll be happy with my Mexican food at Taco Bell :)