Joe Riley Lauded in WaPo Drinks column

zoramargolis

:blush: Just protecting the rights and lives of decent drinkers everywhere, Zora ;) (Or so I tell myself. Delusions of grandeur are awesome, and they make me thirsty)

With you, they're not delusions - you are grand, monsieur.

I remember seeing you for the first time, as a stock boy, at Bottom Line Wine back in the early 1990s - this is when the 89 Bordeaux were coming out as futures. You urged me to buy a bottle of 1982 Sori Tilden ($75) as a "special occasion wine." I still own it, thanks to you, and yep, the bottle has your name on it for one day in the future.

Cheers,

Rocks.

With you, they're not delusions - you are grand, monsieur.

I remember seeing you for the first time, as a stock boy, at Bottom Line Wine back in the early 1990s - this is when the 89 Bordeaux were coming out as futures. You urged me to buy a bottle of 1982 Sori Tilden ($75) as a "special occasion wine." I still own it, thanks to you, and yep, the bottle has your name on it for one day in the future.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Wow, what a memory, Don. My God, I didn't think that we even SOLD any Gaja back then, but then again my memory is like a policeman, it's never there when I want it. ;) So, what are you waiting for with that bottle? Two more years and it will be eligible to run for the Italian legislature, won't it?