Yaksoku Sushi, inside Springfield Fresh World - Closed

I do most of our shopping for fresh vegetables here at the Fresh Mart. So, when I was hungry before shopping the other day (a recipe for disaster for me), I stopped here. This is over to the left after you enter with the Korean and Korean-Chinese food places. The first time I had a simple tuna-avocado roll and a spicy crunchy tuna roll. Both of these come as 12 pieces of roll. Both were good, although the tempura crumbs in the spicy crunchy tuna roll felt tough rather than crunchy.

The second time was Monday night when we went out to replenish supplies. This time, we had the spicy tuna roll and the shrimp tempura roll. The tempura crumbs in the spicy crunchy tuna roll were better this time. The shrimp tempura roll was two tempura shrimp in a roll the diameter of a Pringles potato chip can. The tempura shrimp were frozen and warmed up in the toaster oven beside the sushi bar. Other things in the roll were crab stick, avocado, lettuce, and masago (Barbara asked that the cucumber be left off). This monster roll was impossible to eat in one bite, and when you bit into it often the rest of the roll would fall apart. The shrimp was bland and got lost in all the other flavors going on in the roll.

Each time I have been there, I was given complimentary miso soup and hot tea. Also, each time the sushi chef gave us a free taste of something else that she was making. The first time was white tuna nigiri, and the second time was a mini-rainbow roll, which was a beautiful presentation of tuna, salmon, and shrimp on the outside and avocado and crab stick on the inside.

These were all fresh-made for us. It was pretty good if you're craving sushi, served with hospitality and is a good value. I have not tried the pre-made rolls, but I would expect them to be good (except for the seaweed that would have gotten tough like most pre-made sushi).

This is grocery-store sushi, but much better than grocery-store sushi has to be.

post-129-126581853388_thumb.jpg

I do most of our shopping for fresh vegetables here at the Fresh Mart. So, when I was hungry before shopping the other day (a recipe for disaster for me), I stopped here. This is over to the left after you enter with the Korean and Korean-Chinese food places. The first time I had a simple tuna-avocado roll and a spicy crunchy tuna roll. Both of these come as 12 pieces of roll. Both were good, although the tempura crumbs in the spicy crunchy tuna roll felt tough rather than crunchy.

The second time was Monday night when we went out to replenish supplies. This time, we had the spicy tuna roll and the shrimp tempura roll. The tempura crumbs in the spicy crunchy tuna roll were better this time. The shrimp tempura roll was two tempura shrimp in a roll the diameter of a Pringles potato chip can. The tempura shrimp were frozen and warmed up in the toaster oven beside the sushi bar. Other things in the roll were crab stick, avocado, lettuce, and masago (Barbara asked that the cucumber be left off). This monster roll was impossible to eat in one bite, and when you bit into it often the rest of the roll would fall apart. The shrimp was bland and got lost in all the other flavors going on in the roll.

Each time I have been there, I was given complimentary miso soup and hot tea. Also, each time the sushi chef gave us a free taste of something else that she was making. The first time was white tuna nigiri, and the second time was a mini-rainbow roll, which was a beautiful presentation of tuna, salmon, and shrimp on the outside and avocado and crab stick on the inside.

These were all fresh-made for us. It was pretty good if you're craving sushi, served with hospitality and is a good value. I have not tried the pre-made rolls, but I would expect them to be good (except for the seaweed that would have gotten tough like most pre-made sushi).

This is grocery-store sushi, but much better than grocery-store sushi has to be.

I'd like to try this, but the same plaza has Sabor Latino and Gamasot, both of which draw me in and fill me up every time I'm in the area.

Just curious, but the tempura shrimp being frozen and warmed up in the toaster oven, and the diameter of a Pringles can, are comments not intended to be positive, are they?

I'd like to try this, but the same plaza has Sabor Latino and Gamasot, both of which draw me in and fill me up every time I'm in the area.

Just curious, but the tempura shrimp being frozen and warmed up in the toaster oven, and the diameter of a Pringles can, are comments not intended to be positive, are they?

I wouldn't recommend the tempura shrimp roll, but the other rolls and nigiri were good.

I'd like to try this, once we dig our way out of here. I frequently get grocery store sushi at the Ft. Belvoir commissary, & my kids like the plainest of plain sushi, cooked shrimp on sushi rice,but it's good for what it is (&very fresh, sometimes, we ask for something special & swing back, halfway through shopping, to get it)-I was behind the sushi guy in the express lane yesterday, he had 2 cases of avocados. My favorite is definitely unagi...