Faat Choy

DonRocks

I've seen them at Great Wall - dried foods section, near wood ears, I think. Where were you looking, out of curiosity, Ilaine?

Great Wall, Han Au Reum, Tuesday 2/9/10. I am not entirely familiar with all the various names so maybe looked right at it and did not recognize?

Great Wall, Han Au Reum, Tuesday 2/9/10. I am not entirely familiar with all the various names so maybe looked right at it and did not recognize?

The chinese symbol is 髮菜 (Simplified Chinese 发菜) (pronounced fa3 cai4 in Mandarin). Also try Happy Go Family in Annandale where A&J is on Markham and see if you have any luck there. If I see some, would you like me to pick some up or just report?

The chinese symbol is 髮菜 (Simplified Chinese 发菜) (pronounced fa3 cai4 in Mandarin). Also try Happy Go Family in Annandale where A&J is on Markham and see if you have any luck there. If I see some, would you like me to pick some up or just report?

I would not want to put you to any trouble during this stressful time, but thank you for the kind offer.

I will try to remember Happy Go Family tomorrow at lunchtime.

And print your post to bring with me.

One note: be careful when you're buying faat choy as there is "fake" faat choy on the market. My mom warned me about how they just take random vegetables and process it to look like faat choy and it ends up all mushy instead of having the bouncy/slightly crispy/firm texture. It's not like the milk scare but it's more of a "buyer beware".