EatMore DrinkMore

eatdrinkmore

Hey everyone.

I just wanted to introduce EatMore DrinkMore (http://eatmoredrinkmore.com). We're a new food blog and we focus on the Greater Washington DC Area with Reviews, Recommendations, Recipes and general awesomeness.

Check us out and let us know what you think. We are also trying to complete a comprehensive list of all of the DC Area restaurants on twitter at http://twitter.com/eatdrinkmore/dcfoodnews

Thanks!

So, I was over on Georgia Avenue this morning where there's a newsstand,where my husband was picking up the Racing Form to handicap the Derby, when I spotted this place called Pacci's Neapolitan Pizzeria - http://paccispizzeria.com/ - opening today. I had to run in and check it out, and there was the wood-burning oven and the pizzaiolo from Naples. I had a brief chat with the owner who assured me that this would be the real thing. They're making fresh mozzerella - and hopefully this will be vera pizza Napolitana. We were going out of town for the weekend, but I hope to check it out on Monday. Looks so promising!

I have not had a chance to check out Pacci's yet. My brother went and loved it. He posted a review on my blog here.

It sounds really good. Glad to see all of the Neapolitan pizza places opening up.

So what's wrong with this? I'd be happy to interview, say, Pierre Gagnaire, whose food I've never eaten.

That's a rather extreme example, no?

The blogger is local, the restaurant is local, it wouldn't be that much of an effort to get a meal in before the interview for some context.

That's a rather extreme example, no?

The blogger is local, the restaurant is local, it wouldn't be that much of an effort to get a meal in before the interview for some context.

I plan on going, just have not been yet. Plus I live in VA, going to the Palisades seems so far :(. Much easier to stay in Arlington and go to Ray's or Pupatella. The "interview" was quick, I only asked were he liked to eat Breakfast Lunch and Dinner.

In reality, EatMore DrinkMore tries to interview local DC chef's, post recipes and several restaurant reviews every week. Ideally, we would have time to vist the chef's restaurant before the interview, but often times the time frame between when we hear back from the chef and when we need to post the column is very tight. Plus I wouldn't want to exclude interviewing chef's from DC's pricer restaurants simply because I had not had a chance to dine there yet. With our blog income of $0.00, it could get very expensive, very quickly.

Today we are giving away a $40 iGourmet.com Groupon to the reader that provides the best answer to

“If you had to smell like one food (or dish) for the rest of your life, what would it be? Why?”

I hope DR.com readers will enter.

I plan on going, just have not been yet. Plus I live in VA, going to the Palisades seems so far.

Ah. Sorry to say - lame excuse. But only because I just made the trip last weekend from Arlington to Palisades. It was lovely to take the metro (Farragut stop), to 17th and K and then hop on the D6 over. Voila! Faster than you think.

Ah. Sorry to say - lame excuse. But only because I just made the trip last weekend from Arlington to Palisades. It was lovely to take the metro (Farragut stop), to 17th and K and then hop on the D6 over. Voila! Faster than you think.

Also, it is only about a 5-7 minute drive once you get across the Chain Bridge from Arlington.

Hello Chad,

Love your blog, do you ever have guest bloggers or are you looking for someone to blog regularly on food, wine, culture? I am a local food and wine writer and would love to do something with your publication.

I can be reached at foodandwinediva@usa.net or by phone at 202-248-9070

Thanks,

Talk to you soon.

Summer Whitford

I have not had a chance to check out Pacci's yet. My brother went and loved it. He posted a review on my blog here.

It sounds really good. Glad to see all of the Neapolitan pizza places opening up.

Is this blog still active? There haven't been any new posts in almost three weeks.

Three weeks is just a blip in time. Illness, vacation, or a little break can easily account for this.

As any blogger will attest to: unless you're being paid, it is *easy* to let things slip. Everyone begins blogs with enthusiasm, but keeping them going is quite difficult in the long-term. That's a general comment, not related to this particular thread.

Speaking of which, I really wish members would post in this forum more if they spot something interesting in a blog. Just a one-sentence mention with a link would be nice - there are a lot of interesting things being written, and I'm quite certain that I miss most of them.

I also want to say that I've always appreciated eatmoredrinkmore.com linking back to this website.