Veal Bones

edenman

I watched it on Wednesday and actually went to my local grocery store to ask if they could sell me veal bones - which they couldn't. Anyone know of a place where I can get them so I can try some marrow on toast?

Give Union Meat a call. Or maybe Wagshal's

I watched it on Wednesday and actually went to my local grocery store to ask if they could sell me veal bones - which they couldn't. Anyone know of a place where I can get them so I can try some marrow on toast?

You can buy bone marrow at Brookeville market in cleveland park. You can eat it (really good by the way) at Blue Duck Tavern

I have two lovely veal bones with marrow right now after making braised veal shanks. I used to eat marrow when I was younger but am somehow squeamish about it now. I saved the bones and will try eating the marrow on bread tomorrow if I can bring myself to it.

I got the veal, with bones, at Union Meat--2 in a vac-u-sealed pack. I braised the shanks tonight, and the meat was very good. If you want to buy the meat there, the bones come with it.

I haven't watched the Fergus Henderson podcast, but we had the veal marrow tonight. The only fresh bread I had was everything bagels* from Costco. I figured they'd make decent toast. Two bones. Two toasted bagel halves. Marrow. Gray salt. Baby arugula and pea vines. Wow.

*The fennel topping seemed particularly suited to the marrow. I always buy these things forgetting there's fennel on them. I don't like fennel seeds on bagels. They are, however, excellent if the bagel has veal marrow spread on it.