2009 Domaine Ricard "Le Petiot" Touraine

I've been into Screwtop before and purchased at retail, but last night I finally made it in "for real."

Finally my server came over and took my order: I went with two of Wendy's glowing recommendations: a glass of 2009 Domaine Ricard "Le Petiot" ($9 by the glass, $32 by the bottle) - a Sauvignon Blanc from Touraine that she says (on the menu) is her favorite wine in the store.

I liked the wine so much that I ordered a bottle "to go," and the carryout price is $19.99 - since I had dinner there, I got a 5% discount on that. When the check arrived, everything (including the carryout wine) was included in the line before the tip - I couldn't bring myself to tip on the carryout bottle, but did leave 20% on the rest.

Total writer's block, my brethren, and as I've said in the past, I'd rather not write at all than write poorly. Thus, my version of Twitter:

Dickson Wine Bar - Great wine list, especially the whites, try the 2009 Le Petiot for $35

Kudos to Screwtop Wine Bar for turning me on to this wonderful Sauvignon Blanc, and to Dickson Wine Bar for reminding me about it.

Today, I called MacArthur Beverages (202) 338-1433, and reserved a case of it (for $11.99 a bottle!) which I'll be going down to pick up shortly.

You know what to do ...

In the shameless self promotion department (I represent the importer/distributor Simon N Cellars), the white is a wine of the month for June at Chevy Chase Wine & Spirits. It is also available at Wagshal's.

The red is at Cork & Fork in Bethesda.

Cheers!

In the shameless self promotion department (I represent the importer/distributor Simon N Cellars), the white is a wine of the month for June at Chevy Chase Wine & Spirits. It is also available at Wagshal's.

The red is at Cork & Fork in Bethesda.

Cheers!

Promote away, and I wish you'd start a "Simon N Cellars" thread in "Beer and Wine" and let our readers know where your excellent portfolio is available, both at the restaurant and the retail level.

Cheers,

Rocks

Promote away, and I wish you'd start a "Simon N Cellars" thread in "Beer and Wine" and let our readers know where your excellent portfolio is available, both at the restaurant and the retail level.

Cheers,

Rocks

Great, I will do it now.

Thanks,

Justin