Ragtime, N. Courthouse Road in Courthouse - Nightly Live Music with Patio Dining and Drinking

They typically have a seasonal Bell's on tap, as well as one "Micro of the month" which can be great or can be "meh".

Their nachos are solid - the usual "tons of food for not much money, really" kind of bar food and I was on a huge kick for the herb battered chicken there for a while.

Most of the food is just basic bar food - nothing spectacular, but goes along well with copious amounts of beer and sports. Monday nights they have a $15 steak, veggies, potato plus a beer special, as well as $5 martinis, which can be quite the value (even if the vermouth is so-so, it's still a big glass of gin). Tuesdays has a not-bad raw bar special including 6 blue point oysters for $3.50 or a dozen mussels for the same price.

I haven't been there in a while but when I was averaging 10 or so times a month, uhhh, it's probably for the best that I stopped going so often. :-)

I haven't been there in a while but when I was averaging 10 or so times a month, uhhh, it's probably for the best that I stopped going so often. :-)

Well, you are the mayor on Foursquare, and I tried unsuccessfully to unseat you for damn near two months at a time.

The $15 steak special, of course, does not compare to what RTS does on Monday nights just a parking lot away.

That said, I agree about the nachos, and good bar food here in general. The potatoskinadilla is a guilty pleasure, and the hummus plate is good. Also, this place has the friendliest, best neighborhood bar service I've ever seen.

Well, you are the mayor on Foursquare, and I tried unsuccessfully to unseat you for damn near two months at a time.

The $15 steak special, of course, does not compare to what RTS does on Monday nights just a parking lot away.

That said, I agree about the nachos, and good bar food here in general. The potatoskinadilla is a guilty pleasure, and the hummus plate is good. Also, this place has the friendliest, best neighborhood bar service I've ever seen.

Agreed on the service. The staff is fantastic.

I heard a rumor that they are opening a location on Columbia Pike in the new building across from Bob & Edith's. That would be quite nice for pub food, particularly if they import the honey pepper wings from Rhodeside and Dogwood! Clearly P Brennans absolutely fails in that area with food that is wildly overpriced and not even mediocre.

Last night I went to Ragtime. I was going to go to Eventide or to American Flatbread, but it started to rain when I left the house, and I was wearing white. I didn't want to show off my ta-tas to everyone so I went close by.

Tonight I am going out. I don't know where.

(edit to add more info since it got moved to a thread with actual info)

One thing I noticed when they changed their menus, or around that time, that they changed some of their happy hour specials - Wednesdays are no longer "half price appetizers" but rather "$1.25 sliders" (I haven't checked to see if that includes the crab cake sliders) and sandwiches (no, I won't call them sammies) come with a side now.

I got the steak quesadillas, defying the stories on salsa and guacamole by ordering something with both. It's nothing special but it hit the spot just right. I was tempted by the cajun pasta, as I am every time I go, but I didn't want anything that might be messy and I'm about to spend 1.5 weeks in N'awlins.

I just wish they wouldn't drop the lights so low as the night goes on. I like to read at the bar.

I'm having way too much fun at Ragtime this NFL season.

For NFL games, they've set up a wheel with specials on it. Every quarter (based off the game that has the sound on) they spin the wheel for new specials - discounted drinks and food of various types. Sundays also have their usual beer special ($3.25 Miller/Coors/Bud Lites).

Monday nights they use the wheel for Monday Night Football and started doing the "squares" game that a lot of people play during the Super Bowl. Every time you order something you get a square of paper with two numbers on it. If, at the end of the quarter, your numbers match the last digits of the score, you win a $10 gift card - at the end of the game you win $25 if it comes up.

Last Monday they had pulled pork nachos as their special. Nom nom nom.

No wonder I spend so much money there...

We had a school reunion get-together here this weekend, in the back room. Nice job by the Ragtime personnel - good and friendly service, and tasty food. There was jambalaya which had a nice little kick and wasn't gummy as it often is. A tasty little assortment of kebabs, meatballs, and such, and a salad that was a little above the ordinary for bar food while still being a basic salad (what made it nicer than usual for me was the fresh corn kernels, as well as the abundance of the usual toppings that are sometimes scanty, mushrooms and cucumbers and such). A good fruit/cheese platter with lots of strawberries, two kinds of melon, pineapple, grapes, and cheese - not the sad little fruit platters you sometimes see, and everything tasted fresh.

Also, when I settled my tab I was pleasantly surprised to see that my cranberry spritzer had free refills. I get annoyed sometimes that I can end up paying more for my basic nonalcoholic options than it would be if I had a beer, and it was nice to get the refills free, though I certainly don't expect it - it was definitely unusual.

I'll have to come by some Monday for trivia night.

The interior seems to have gotten brighter -- I can see more inside now. The menu looked new but the wings are as good as ever. Plus the addition of a Sriacha honey dip sauce helps too. Still a really good, solid bar to hang out, watch sports, drink good beer and catch up with friends.

They have a new cocktail menu - with, like, real cocktail making going on and damn cheap prices (comparatively!):

http://scofflawsden.com/blog/2014/05/29/ragtime/

Paul, who is primarily based at the Rhodeside location, is trying to amp up the cocktail offerings across their locations and seems to be making headway.  The weekly cocktails recently have been improved, and if you ever see him behind one of the bars, just let him know what you're interested and he's usually happy to make something interesting.  Side note - watch for the daily specials at Rhodeside, they're usually far above whats on the standard menu (though Ragtime is a bit less expensive).

Also a big fan that Ragtime has 21st Amendment's Hell or High Watermelon on tap - makes a nice afternoon of sitting on their patio with a cold draft.