Viet Bistro, Eden Center in Falls Church

I cannot recommend highly enough the quail appetizer at Viet Bistro. I had it for the first time a couple of months ago on my umpteenth visit, and I can't stop going back for more.

To add to that...

The seafood bahn xeo (crepe), not on the regular Viet Bistro menu but always available, knocks me off my seat as well. Fresh, abundant, flavorful, and once wrapped in the accompanying greens, a kinesthetically gratifying dish. Like you, I've ordered it repeatedly, unable to miss it every visit. That only failed me once when someone was a bit too liberal with the veggie oil that keeps the egg and rice flour crepe from sticking. Not a fatal flaw, though, and it only happened once out of almost a dozen ventures.

Very disappointed with the bun bo hue and cha gio (spring rolls) today. I cannot say which bun bo hue of all that I've sampled is the best, but this was the worst. It just didn't have the flavor the other soups had. The cha gio looked great, had wonderfully crispy wrappers, but the stuffing was just bland. The front of the house was one Hispanic guy and one Asian lady. When I went to register to pay, all the staff in the back that I saw were Hispanic. With a drum set by the front door, I'm not sure food is the emphasis of this restaurant. Also, unlike other restaurants in Eden Center, 5 of 7 people that ate there while I was there were white (5 of 8 if you count me too).