Saturday Lunch

hm212

I promised to take a friend to a nice lunch on Saturday. Thinking wine, lobster etc. - I know she loves the Palm but they don't do lunch on weekends.

Location not important, but Montgomery County, Tysons, Easy DC from Moco preferred.

Anyone know of a Palm, Capital Grille expense account type place that does lunch on Saturday's (think nice Saturday night restaurant, but due to time constraints doing at lunch time).

This would really help me out.

Thanks.

I can't vouch for quality (never been there) but I think Shula's Steakhouse in Tysons is open for lunch on Saturday's.

I haven't had the lobster at Shula's but it's a good steakhouse. FWIW, I don't think it's any worse than Morton's, Capital Grille, Palm, Ruth's Chris, & Flemming's. Another suggestion - Bond 45 in National Harbor.

Location not important, but Montgomery County, Tysons, Easy DC from Moco preferred.

I realize you're looking south, but have you already ruled out Volt in Frederick? On Saturdays they have a 3-course lunch in the main dining room and a 5-course lunch in the chef's private dining room. It's a pretty drive on the weekends.

For the most part it lives up to the hype, although I still find the Converse "Chuck Taylor" sneakers distracting.

I realize you're looking south, but have you already ruled out Volt in Frederick? On Saturdays they have a 3-course lunch in the main dining room and a 5-course lunch in the chef's private dining room. It's a pretty drive on the weekends.

For the most part it lives up to the hype, although I still find the Converse "Chuck Taylor" sneakers distracting.

I second the recommendation for Volt. Agree that the Converse sneakers are distracting and IMHO out of place as well. But the food and ambiance are great. Definitely would be my preference over stuffy places like the Palm.