M & Ms

sheldman

Unless I am crazy (which is possible), there was a thread a while back about people looking for coconut m & m s.

My wife just returned from Walgreens at 22nd and M with pretzel m & m s (yum) and coconut ones as well (yum also).

Maybe they are everywhere. If so, feel free to delete this silly post.

How big were the pretzel M&Ms? Did they have a good crunch? I am slightly interested/slightly appalled by the notion of pretzel M&Ms enough I might actually buy some.

I think they're small (regular-sized, not peanut- or almond-M&M sized) from what I've seen, and they appear to be being marketed (at least in some places) as a 150-calorie healthy snack. :)

Also, I cannot for the life of me find, or recall having seen, an entire thread about coconut M&Ms; nor do I find a reference in the candy or chocolate threads. I'm still looking, though...

ETA found one on CH from last fall...yes, I'm this research-oriented.

I curse M&M/Mars for unleashing the M&M Pretzel on the world. Yeah, it's a low calorie snack if you don't mind that a portion is 11-15 little pieces of candy. It's a highly addictive snack that you can pop in your mouth when you crave either salty or sweet and be satisfied. They are about the size of the old m&m crunch.

How big were the pretzel M&Ms? Did they have a good crunch? I am slightly interested/slightly appalled by the notion of pretzel M&Ms enough I might actually buy some.

I had some of those a couple of weeks ago and thought (until I saw the package) that I was eating something similar to Malted Milk Balls. I didn't detect any discernible saltiness to counter the sweetness at all. Actually, I didn't find them as satisfying as regular M&M's.

They're somewhere in between peanut and regular-sized balls. There's something I find a little off about them. Not quite salty enough and I think not quite enough chocolate. You would probably expect them to taste like chocolate covered pretzels, but they taste closer to candy-coated pretzels with a teensy hint of chocolate. What I really miss are the Mint Crispy M&Ms. The coconut ones taste quite coconutty, despite not having any actual coconut or sadly any coconut bits.

Unless I am crazy (which is possible), there was a thread a while back about people looking for coconut m & m s.

My wife just returned from Walgreens at 22nd and M with pretzel m & m s (yum) and coconut ones as well (yum also).

Maybe they are everywhere. If so, feel free to delete this silly post.

SHE FOUND COCONUT M & Ms? I have looked at every CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Target, and grocery store in several states for months. I thought they were a dream.

And then there are the dark chocolate M&Ms (which I think I heard about from NuttyBuddy)... quite tasty in the peanut version. The CVS at Courthouse in Arlington has a pretty extensive flavor selection - I think I saw pretzel there, but not sure about coconut.

SHE FOUND COCONUT M & Ms? I have looked at every CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Target, and grocery store in several states for months. I thought they were a dream.

I found coconut M&Ms last winter at the CVS at 22nd & M Street. The Van Ness CVS also had them briefly, but discontinued them due to a lack of interest. Anyway, I thought they tasted strange--like plastic or something really artificial. I ended up giving away my supply; that's how bad I thought they were.

More recently, I've been enjoying the peanut butter M&Ms. Along with milk chocolate M&Ms, they're my favorite.

They are in my office vending machine at this very moment!

Heh. I actually broke down and ordered a box from amazon.com.

I like the new pretzel variety, but it is virtually impossible to consume just 11 at a time. I had to hide the bag from myself.

What I really miss are the Mint Crispy M&Ms.

I have done work with the Mars company for nearly two years and every chance I get I lobby for the return of the Crispy M&Ms. Evidently they weren't big sellers. But clearly now they are experimenting with new varieties of novelty flavors so maybe they will try a reintroduction of the Crispy variety- mint or regular.

M&M holiday bags were on sale at Target for $2.02 per 9.9-10.5oz bag. Included a holiday cherry cordial one, in addition to the pretzel, peanut, pb, almond and plain ones set out.

Eta: After buying a big bag of pretzeled ones, I will be in the minority and say that I don't get it. By now, I am sucking the chocolate parts around the pretzel nugget so the bag doesn't go to waste.

Edited by goodeats

I have done work with the Mars company for nearly two years and every chance I get I lobby for the return of the Crispy M&Ms. Evidently they weren't big sellers. But clearly now they are experimenting with new varieties of novelty flavors so maybe they will try a reintroduction of the Crispy variety- mint or regular.

Not crispy, but I saw (and eagerly consumed) a pack of Mint M&Ms today from the CVS on Wilson Blvd in Rosslyn. A quick web search reveals they apparently have been around since 2008(!) but I'd never seen them before today. Taste kind of like soft after-dinner mints, but a little more M&M-y (isn't that helpful?). I thought they were delicious.

Not crispy, but I saw (and eagerly consumed) a pack of Mint M&Ms today from the CVS on Wilson Blvd in Rosslyn. A quick web search reveals they apparently have been around since 2008(!) but I'd never seen them before today. Taste kind of like soft after-dinner mints, but a little more M&M-y (isn't that helpful?). I thought they were delicious.

I thought my RiteAid (corner of Chain Bridge and 29/50 in Fairfax) had a good M&M selection, but no crispy or mint to be found :( They do have coconut and pretzel, though.

If you have a CVS Extracare card, there is a coupon this week for $1 off 2 packages of the 9.9-10.8oz Easter M&M candies that will print when you scan your card at the red machines in-store.

I read that you can use this coupon AND the clipped Sunday ones, saving you $2.

If you have a CVS Extracare card, there is a coupon this week for $1 off 2 packages of the 9.9-10.8oz Easter M&M candies that will print when you scan your card at the red machines in-store.

I read that you can use this coupon AND the clipped Sunday ones, saving you $2.

Nice, thanks!! I found some mint M&M's the other day at a CVS, tried them, and found them GOOD.