Food Corner Kabob, Five Area Locations

Good to know about Rasoi. I always gravitate towards Pho Hot whenever I'm over there and just haven't given it a try. I think I've heard a few good reports now.

Is that Kabob House Food Corner coming soon (the Pancheros spot, I think) the same as the local chain in Annandale? If so, that could be good news.

It looks like it may have just opened.

I checked out the website and a centreville location is not mentioned. That being said, there is a van in front of the building that looks awfully similar to the one on the webste.

I checked out the website and a centreville location is not mentioned. That being said, there is a van in front of the building that looks awfully similar to the one on the webste.

I stopped by last night. Definitely part of the local chain. The Centreville location is known as Food Corner IV, since it's the 4th location. All I got was the lamb sandwich ($6.40), which came with a side of the spicy chutney sauce. Pretty good sandwich.

I've heard good things about Food Corner, so I'm excited to make a few more visits. I've been to Kabob Express a few times (in the Five Guys/Ciros area), which has been pretty good. A competing kabob place should help, though.

Just paid a visit myself. Called in my order for a gyro sandwich when I left Wegman's in Fairfax. They started making it for me when I got there which was a little annoying because I had a toddler to get to bed. The place was obviously going through some growing pains having just opened and getting the staff trained and it took them a while to make the sandwich.

On the bright side, the gyro was excellent and served on fresh baked bread. I also got a side of the chick peas to compare them to the competition. They are a little different than the ones served at Rawal Kabob in Chantilly but my wife and I declared them equally excellent. They had 5 or 6 other sides their that all looked like they were worth trying. I'll be going back in a few weeks hopefully after some of the new restaurant issues die down. Having tried Kabob Express and Virginia Kabob in Centreville I think I like Food Corner better.