Ella's, 9th & F Streets, Capital One Arena

Its been a long while Ive been eating here. Pizzas are always good with their medium crust. Pastas are changing almost every week. Today I tried the butternut squash filled ravioli with sage and butter cream sauce. I believe this is the best squash ravioli Ive had so far. texture of the ravioli is perfect and squash doesnt taste sweet and rich , just perfect.

This place is open since 2003 and and they have very friendly staff behind the bar.

I urge everyone to try this squash ravioli.

I'm not a fan of Ella's. The pizza is good enough, but I find the atmosphere at Matchbox to be superior, livelier.

As for the free pizza at happy hour, unless the set-up has changed in the last few months, you pretty much need to stake out the area where they set 'em up if you want a piece. Made me feel like a vulture. I'd rather just pay for my own pie and if I'm going that route, you'll find me at Matchbox, not Ella's.

Just my $.02.

I've never been and I'm going to Ella's this week for happy hour (which I can't change the location), any recommendations? Thanks.

whatever you do, do NOT get the chicken risotto croquettes.

The pizzas are ok... I generally stick with the margherita.

I never went to Ella's during their glory years (2003-05) as I was enamored with Matchbox at the time, but this place appears to have taken a similar fall from grace as it's competitor up a few blocks. The pizza special today had italian sausage, roasted peppers, and red onions. Between peppers, a (supposedly) spicy sausage, red onions, and tomato sauce, one would think that there would be no way this pizza could be bland. Sadly, it was, revived only slightly by copious amounts of parmesan and crushed red peppers, as the undercooked dough was not helping matters.

To Ella's credit, the place was packed with office drones when we left at 12:45, so what they're doing appears to be catering well to a certain segment of the population.

I was having a meatball craving and ordered Doordash from Ella's. Got a meatball calzone plus Eggplant Parm as an app.  The marinara with the eggplant was good. The calzone was pretty solid, though I only ate part of it.  It's hard to give a good evaluation for delivery, but I was happy with this.