Chez Manelle, 2313 Wilson Blvd. in Courthouse - Closed

Chez Manelle is now open, and according to their menu, specializing in Tunisian and Turkish offerings. Seems like a bit of an odd combination to me, but it brings some diversity to the area. I haven't tried anything - has anyone else made it in yet? Here's the menu:Chez Manelle menu.pdf

ETA: I noticed that a menu picked up more recently by a coworker listed "Hookahs" on it...

Chez Manelle is now open, and according to their menu, specializing in Tunisian and Turkish offerings. Seems like a bit of an odd combination to me, but it brings some diversity to the area. I haven't tried anything - has anyone else made it in yet? Here's the menu:Chez Manelle menu.pdf

ETA: I noticed that a menu picked up more recently by a coworker listed "Hookahs" on it...

I stumbled in before they officially opened and got a free meal that convinced me it was definitely worth going back for. I've been back twice and had the Tunisian Spaghetti (nice & spicy!) and chicken kabobs, sweets and some sort of carrot salad that was pretty amazing (they didn't skimp on the garlic - wow!). Overall I thought it was really tasty. I'll be back. They do seem to be short of business and there's a longer than expected wait for the food, but since they seem to make my carry out orders fresh, I'm ok with that. Has anyone else been there? What do you think?

I stumbled in before they officially opened and got a free meal that convinced me it was definitely worth going back for. I've been back twice and had the Tunisian Spaghetti (nice & spicy!) and chicken kabobs, sweets and some sort of carrot salad that was pretty amazing (they didn't skimp on the garlic - wow!). Overall I thought it was really tasty. I'll be back. They do seem to be short of business and there's a longer than expected wait for the food, but since they seem to make my carry out orders fresh, I'm ok with that. Has anyone else been there? What do you think?

I went to Chez Manelle for lunch today and had the beef schwarma sandwich and two cups of "Turkish Arabic coffee" - which, while listed at $2.95 on the menu, were sold to me at $1.25 each. Nice!

The sandwich was good. Perhaps a bit dry for how I like them, but that's just me. The french fries were actually pretty darn good, too.

It was pretty empty but it was late (around 2) when I went for lunch. I'll have to give it another try or two, this time get more adventurous. I was just too hungry.

And how did I get to the point that two cups of Turkish coffee made me more tired than I was before I went in?!

Oh, and yes - there's an entire page of hookahs. Plus one of their specials is named for two little girls killed by a drunk driver. It's called Two Little Angels and involves picking out two of the sweets. Awww....(how did it suddenly get so dusty in here?)

Under new management, Chez Manelle is now "Taste of Tunisia", though the carryout menu still shows the former.

I wasn't impressed with what I ordered the one and only time I went shortly after they opened. I think I owe them another try in the next week or two. I'll report back...