Seven Corners Pub, Formerly Public House No. 7, Route 7 in Seven Corners

From the Falls Church News Press:

Public House No. 7 has opened for business at 6315 Leesburg Pike in Falls Church, the former location of Brinkley's Restaurant and Lounge. The new English Pub style restaurant and pub is owned by Mark English, formerly of Kinkheads and Rhodeside Grille, who also serves as the head chef and Patrick Blakely, who works as the bar manager.

Drove by today and hope it has potential! Never stepped in Brinkley's, though.

FB page (no official website, I think).

Drove by today and hope it has potential! Never stepped in Brinkley's, though.

FB page (no official website, I think).

Wow, I drove by a couple weeks ago and noticed an upgrade, but the Brinkley's sign was still up. Brinkley's was nasty.

On similar notes:

I drove by Alliance Tavern this morning, and it's now District 2 (note to DC government: Your Saturday meter fees cost them (or Cafe Deluxe) a breakfast patron.).

I had dinner at the old Songbird a couple weeks ago, and it's now Ega.

The old Restaurant Vero is now District Taco and is in the midst of a soft opening (as you know, goodeats, since we ran into each other at Asian Kitchen next door).

I drove by last week and wanted to whip in to check it out, but I was on the wrong side and one doesn't just "whip in" when crossing Route 7. Thanks for the web link. I'm disappointed in two things: 1) If you call your establishment "an English Pub", I'd expect there would be a better beer selection, perhaps with a true British beer thrown in there (Newcastle Brown doesn't count) and 2) I'm getting old because I had to hold my laptop close to my face to be able to read anything on the site. I'm sure we'll be giving it a try, but that area is such a nightmare to drive in, that I doubt it'll be a frequent hangout.

They need to get a cask conditioned ale. Could not agree more.

Stopped in a couple of weeks ago and had bangers and mash, fish and chips, and chicken curry that were all outstanding.

tonight i switched up the bangers and mash for the shepherd's pie and was highly disappointed. Terribly oversalted it was. The curry and chips on my companions' plates were as good as they were a couple of weeks ago, however.

I'm going to assume that somebody dropped the saltshaker in the pie by accident. Definitely going back.

I think this is my new favorite place for watching football games in the Northern Virginia area. 3-4 big screens upstairs (which consisted of 4-5 steps to get "upstairs").

Yes, it's not easy to get to, and the best place to park is actually in the back -- turn onto Castle Road from Rte. 7/Leesburg Pike, turn right onto Castle Place and park, but I felt it was worth it. I am unsure of the parking situation in the back, as we parked in the front this time.

People did not mention that the Fish and Chips here was the size of one's head or two palms together, but it was perfect to split between us ladies. I would highly recommend this dish, but ask them to: 1. Skip the cole slaw, 2. Maybe ask to leave off the peas as they tasted a bit like those found in the freezer section and 3. Put the chips on the side instead of underneath the fish.

The chips soaked up a good bit of the oil or juices from the fish and was soggy and lifeless. But seeing others' basket of chip orders, they looked great.

They had Fuller ESB again and Dominion English Ale. They also had Strongbow. Soda here was only $1.75 (had to stick to ginger ale as a nice hangover cure).

Can't wait to return to try other things and grab a few beers while watching some sporting event.

2. Maybe ask to leave off the peas as they tasted a bit like those found in the freezer section

It is January, I would hope that they were using frozen peas - the only other alternative I can think of is canned or the hydroponic tomato version of a legume.

It is January, I would hope that they were using frozen peas - the only other alternative I can think of is canned or the hydroponic tomato version of a legume.

Good point, Sthitch. These came out as "Curious Case of Benjamin Button"-wrinkly, which was not appetizing.

Actually to be an authentic British Fish and Chip accompaniment they should be dried "Marrowfat" peas (AKA "Mushy peas") But somehow I doubt these would go down so well on this side of the pond.

Actually to be an authentic British Fish and Chip accompaniment they should be dried "Marrowfat" peas (AKA "Mushy peas") But somehow I doubt these would go down so well on this side of the pond.

I was not making a case for authenticity, just that peas any other way than frozen would be less than ideal for January.

As for mushy peas, that is one of the few ways that I like peas.

I was not making a case for authenticity, just that peas any other way than frozen would be less than ideal for January.

As for mushy peas, that is one of the few ways that I like peas.

Well being a of dried variety, mushy peas are, of course excellent even in January!

Apparently, we made the mistake of trying to take a group of 6 of us to Public House No. 7 on Sat. night when the Beatles cover band was scheduled. The pub area was packed with people, including a middle aged lady trying to reserve the only sofa and associated tables for her group for over 45 minutes while we waited for our table. She got upset that we were crowding her and using the nearby empty chairs (which she thought were hers) for a couple of coats and the empty tables nearby (which she also thought were hers) for our beers . The food was just "meh". The fish and chips were OK but the fish was much more batter than fish. The chips were flavorful and "potato-y", but got dinged by some in our group for not being crispy. As a table we got the gamut from the menu - fish and chips, chicken curry, fish sandwich, chicken voule a vent, roast beef, bangers and mash - but no one from the table raved about their meal.

As a whole, I can see going back for the pub area, but not for the restaurant. They had a couple of dart lanes, which I appreciate. The beer list has gotten better since they opened and the Fullers ESB was excellent. Their British bottled selection is reasonable, too. There are a few large HD TVs tuned into futbol and English Premier League highlights. If they're open for early AM Championship League games, I can see going for the atmosphere. I can also see going for happy hour, but scramming before the dinner rush/wait hits.

Addendum: Apparently, I enjoyed too many Fuller's ESBs and I left my credit card at the restaurant. I realized it this AM and called after their brunch rush (hopefully). They have it and are holding it for me. Extra credit for taking good care of a stupid customer.