Westchester County, NY

Billy DeLion

Hi All,

I am headed to the in-laws for X-mas weekend in upstate NY. I'll be traveling on Friday, our anniversary. To surprise my wife I made a reservation at Blue Hill( I'm pretty happy with opentable at getting me a rez some 3 days out). I've never been and am wondering if perhaps some forum cognoscenti have eaten there. Any feedback would be most appreciated !!

Thanks,

BD

oops, Blue Hill at Stone Barns

Edited by Billy DeLion

Hi All,

I am headed to the in-laws for X-mas weekend in upstate NY. I'll be traveling on Friday, our anniversary. To surprise my wife I made a reservation at Blue Hill( I'm pretty happy with opentable at getting me a rez some 3 days out). I've never been and am wondering if perhaps some forum cognoscenti have eaten there. Any feedback would be most appreciated !!

Thanks,

BD

oops, Blue Hill at Stone Barns

I've been a huge fan of Dan Barber's work since I ate at Blue Hill in NYC some years ago. Every time I am in Manhattan I try to stop in for a bite when I can. Starting a project directly on a farm is the utopian ideal for farm to table dining and I am hoping to get enough time off to go in the enxt year. That said three colleagues whose opinion I greatly respect recently ate there and said it was fantastic. Go for the big tasting menu, you will not be disappointed.

Bump. Any recs for White Plains? Will only have one lunch and one late-ish dinner, but recs are welcome. Also, if there are any preferred bagel places (especially if they also have bialies) where one could get one's fix.... ??