Angelo's Coal Oven Pizzeria, Two Locations in Midtown - Real Coal Oven with Good Char

When Mom and I went to New York for my wedding dress fitting at Atelier Aimee, we rolled into town and did the fitting, which took no time whatsoever, I was starving. Hubby and I had been to Angelo's a couple times before so Mom and I hopped, skipped and jumped and were there.

I really like the pizza here, it isn't Neapolitan style, but I also don't know that it is really NY Style either. Moderate crust, good topping, very crispy with some char. I also have had pasta here that I liked too, as Hubby normally orders a pizza and I can steal a slice or so of his. I like the pasta with sausage and veggies in a white wine and garlic sauce, I replicate it at home a lot.

Mom and I went in and she cracked up at the amount of pizza I could put away, she probably knew somewhat the hours I put in at the gym and how healthy I normally ate, but I don't think she quite knew. I was so excited to have that pizza, especially then when Arlington didn't have great pizza options like we do now.

Anyway this is a fairly casual place, but it is good, honest food made with care.

http://www.angelospi...y.com/index.htm