Salume, SoHo - Chef Sarah Pouzar and Pastry Chef Eric See at 330 West Broadway

http://www.salumenewyork.com/menu.pdf

We were meeting a friend at the Warren/Chambers St. dog run to let the dogs play and catch up and promised to bring lunch. The hotel we were staying at- Tribeca Grand- had a guide to the area and recommended this place. Having missed out on Salume in Seattle due to timing, I owed my husband some really good cured meat. This shop is not affiliated with the Seattle outpost, but is none the less a very authentic place to get a perfect sandwich. They also have some salads and a nice little coffee set up with really good doughnuts. We had the lemon glazed cake doughnut and walnut cream filled doughnut, both were really good.

But the sandwiches... seriously why does someone not do this in DC? We had four of the Salume Panini's. These are not your typical pressed sandwiches, but traditional Italian panini, on really good Italian style rolls.

COLUMBUS CRESPONE • 11

Caciocavallo, Arugula,

Horseradish Sauce, Olive Oil

FRA’ MANI SOPPRESSATA • 12

Apricot, Cardamaro, Grana Padano, Pistachio Oil, Oregano, Pepper

MORTADELLA • 11

Cave Aged Salva Cremasco, Gherkins, Il Moscato Di Nonino Grappa, Watercress

BRESAOLA• 12

Pecorino Paglia E Fieno, Arugula,

Colatura, Meyer Lemo

I didn't get to have any of the Columbus Crespone as it was all Hubby's but my friend and I went halfsies on the sopressata which was just amazingly good, the meat and cheese were just such good quality and the condiments really complimented it well, but there weren't a ton of them, they weren't slopped on it was just delicately composed to be a really good sandwich. We also split the bresola, which had a nice contract between meat, cheese, lemon that made it really fresh. I also had a bit of the mortadella, which was also good, but not as good as the other two. Anyway this place is a great stop for a really well composed sandwich for either eat in or take out. Right near all the fun boutiques of soho. And if you are with a dog near a good amount of dog friendly parks/runs.