Wines from Lebanon

vsky

So does anyone know anything about Lebanese wines? (I did search 'The Wine Scene' but didn't get anything, if this can be moved "no problem")

The most famous is Chateau Musar, which can be quite good (and $$) in an old-world, rustic way. There are other, newer labels. You can find a few of them on the list at Zaytinya. Park yourself at the bar and ask George, if he's there, to be your tutor.

The most famous is Chateau Musar, which can be quite good (and $$) in an old-world, rustic way. There are other, newer labels. You can find a few of them on the list at Zaytinya. Park yourself at the bar and ask George, if he's there, to be your tutor.

Chateau Musar Rocks! I'd have never thought a wine from Lebanon could be good until I had Chateau Musar.

Chateau Musar Rocks!  I'd have never thought a wine from Lebanon could be good until I had Chateau Musar.

Serge Hochar's favorite baseball player was Brett.

Have you ever heard The Story? If you're ever forced to hear his spiel, bring plenty of valium, earplugs, and have a good, nourishing meal before he takes the podium.

Cheers,

Rocks

That's not brett, that's terroir.

If, of course, by terroir you mean a traditionally unclean cellar.

That said, a couple of people whose palates I trust have remarked that Musar's wines tend to firm up and show more fruit as they get older. I don't have the experience with them to comment.