W. Domku Dinner for DR.com

hillvalley

Our next event will be held at W. Domku in Petworth on Thursday, March 30th. There is room for 55 people to attend.

The cost will be $50, inclusive of tax and tip but not including beverages. We are still working on the menu, but it will be at least three courses and include a variety of passed appetizers and your choice of a main course. More details will be posted as they become available. You can discover more about their menu here.

If you would like to join us please PM me by clicking here. You can read more about how our events work in our events FAQ.

I'd like to thank MeMc in advance for all the help she has already provided in helping this event come together! I look forward to seeing you all on the 30th.

Our next event will be held at W. Domku in Petworth on Thursday, March 30th.  There is room for 55 people to attend.

The cost will be $50, inclusive of tax and tip but not including beverages.  We are still working on the menu, but it will be at least three courses and include a variety of passed appetizers and your choice of a main course.  More details will be posted as they become available.  You can discover more about their menu here.

If you would like to join us please PM me by clicking here.  You can read more about how our events work in our events FAQ.

I'd like to thank MeMc in advance for all the help she has already provided in helping this event come together! I look forward to seeing you all on the 30th.

Now I remember why I like this group so much. +1 and I need motivation to explore new restaurants and I have been looking for an excuse to try this Scandinavian/Eastern Europe restaurant in Petworth, of all places, which has received such good reviews. <_< The price is right, too. Ooooh, mussels in Aquavit. ;)

DonRocks,Mar 16 2006, 11:28 PM]Corduroy was akin to eeking out that fourth orgasm of the afternoon - it happened, but now nobody wants to have sex again for another week.
Speak for yourself! <_<

I'm really looking forward to this month's only gathering - at Domku - it's a chance to try a little gem that's off the beaten path for many of us, at a very reasonable price (really, it's only going to be about $38 plus tax and tip for a three + course dinner.) Eastern Europe is underrepresented in DC - so for those of us who remember this kind of food from the church suppers in Chicago, Scranton, Binghamton, Pittsburgh, Parma, and other places where pierogies are prized, it should bring back fond memories. (If only they had prune pierogi. Am I the only one who has had those?) With homemade aquavit - this event is going to be casual, relaxed, and a whole lot of fun! And I'm sure we'll be able to give MeMc plenty of material for DCist.

Speak for yourself!  <_<

I'm  really looking forward to this month's only gathering - at Domku - it's a chance to try a little gem that's off the beaten path for many of us, at a very reasonable price (really, it's only going to be about $38 plus tax and tip for a three + course dinner.)  Eastern Europe is underrepresented in DC - so for those of us who remember this kind of food from the church suppers in Chicago, Scranton, Binghamton, Pittsburgh, Parma, and other places where pierogies are prized, it should bring back fond memories. (If only they had prune pierogi. Am I the only one who has had those?) With homemade aquavit - this event is going to be casual, relaxed, and a whole lot of fun!  And I'm sure we'll be able to give MeMc plenty of material for DCist.

Hmmm.

Let's see.

I've had Polish church suppers in every one of those American cities (except Scranton) and a couple of others to boot.

Checking in with my overseer on attendance.

Were they doing flights of infused aquavits at those chruch suppers?

If so that's a lot different than the choice of Budweiser or Busch at my church's Sausage Supper back in St. Louis.

The stew on that menu sounds too good to pass up.

I wish I could commit to going but I can't.    <_<

Sigh...

Jennifer

I'd love to come, but there are familial health issues going on right now, so I also cannot commit to anything further out than the next day or two. ;) And I was so looking forward to some pierogies!

I have been reminded that this falls in the week of Mrs JPW's birthday.

We love you guys, but I have been informed that a slightly more intimate dinner out is expected than a bunch of aquavit fueled gormand rowdies waving their kielbasas around in the air.