What To Do With Leftover Egg Whites?

Ilaine

I made Joe H.'s ice cream and now we have all these leftover egg whites!

Carefully separated so they can be whipped, but is there anything else to do with them besides meringue and angel food cake?

(From natural, organic, free range eggs, if that matters.)

Cook in microwave and feed to family cats and dogs.
The dog would probably love them, she will eat anything. I was thinking about microwaving a couple at a time in an oiled cup and adding to tuna salad, potato salad or egg salad -- not as a substitute for whole boiled eggs but to amplify.

Also thinking about souffles but all the recipes I've looked at so far call for using whole eggs, separated, and beating the yolks into the souffle batter.

What about slipping in extra egg whites into recipes? What sort of recipe might an extra egg white be good in?

There are plenty of cocktails that call for them.
Ramos gin fizz, what else?
Buttercream! (It freezes well and you can mix in various flavorings later.)
How long will frozen buttercream keep in the freezer? How do you freeze, in a plastic container?

How long will frozen buttercream keep in the freezer? How do you freeze, in a plastic container?

Regular fridge freezer - 3 months

Chest freezer - a very long time

I wrap mine in plastic and then put it in a ziploc freezer bag.

Ramos gin fizz, what else?
There are many variations on the fizz that call for an egg white, but just to name a few of other cocktails; Pink Lady, Clover Club, any Flip (bourbon, Absinthe, vodka...), and when made in the traditional manner any "sour" drink (i.e. Whisky Sour).

I concur with mdt on the times, but I do freeze mine a plastic container. I also usually make a big batch, freeze it and then hack off hunks as needed.

I had 2 cups of egg whites leftover from holiday baking that I froze. I used them up today by making a double recipe of financiers from Nick Malgieri's Perfect Cakes. The book has a few financier recipes, and this is the first one I've tried. I liked them. This particular recipe also called for a chocolate glaze, but I substituted an orange glaze. I think I like them plain better though.