La Conner, WA

laniloa

Staying in La Conner, about an hour and 45 minutes north of Seattle, for meetings. Quaint former fishinng and agriculture town. Still a lot of agriculture (had a fantastic nectarine this morning) but not much fishing. Shifting towards tourism. Had a great meal of dungeness crab cakes and butternut squash soup at the La Conner Brewing Company. Apart from an 8:45 last call, a good night. Others enjoyed smoked salmon quesadilla, pizzas, and shrimp tacos.

Staying in La Conner, about an hour and 45 minutes north of Seattle, for meetings. Quaint former fishinng and agriculture town. Still a lot of agriculture (had a fantastic nectarine this morning) but not much fishing. Shifting towards tourism. Had a great meal of dungeness crab cakes and butternut squash soup at the La Conner Brewing Company. Apart from an 8:45 last call, a good night. Others enjoyed smoked salmon quesadilla, pizzas, and shrimp tacos.

Only stopped in for a little bit at that brewpub, but I really really enjoyed their pale ale (and a couple oyster shooters). It's a good bit off the beaten path, but if you're already detouring off to that side of Hwy 5, it's definitely worth a trip.

Only stopped in for a little bit at that brewpub, but I really really enjoyed their pale ale (and a couple oyster shooters). It's a good bit off the beaten path, but if you're already detouring off to that side of Hwy 5, it's definitely worth a trip.

We tried to go to Rhododendron Cafe in Bow for our other night out but it was closed. Inertia took over and we went back to the brewpub. I had the shrimp tacos which were outstanding.

Others went to Seeds Bistro and had a wonderful meal but I don't know the details.

Definitely a nice side trip if you are in the area. Kayak around the San Juan Islands, plenty of good hikes, whale watching. What's not to like?