dr.com Dinner at Bebo Trattoria

hillvalley

Thanks to the help of Scott Johnson and the suggestions of others, our next Dr.Com dinner will be held at Bebo.

The dinner will be held on Wednesday, December 13th, time to be determined.

The cost will be $75 inclusive of tax and tip. If there is interest I will see if a wine pairing can be added.

If you would like to join us please PM me by clicking on the PM button on the bottom left of this post.

In your title put your screen name and the number of spots you would like. It should look like this:

Hillvalley-2 spots.

In the body of the PM please include your real name, repeat your screen name and if you would like to bring a guest. Please do not add any other information such as your email. I'm trying to keep this simple on my end. Following the two simple steps above saves me tremendous amounts of time and stress further on down the line. Thanks!

As always, each member is allowed to bring one guest. If you and your SO are both members of the board we ask that only one spouse/significant other put their name in for the dinner.

I look forward to seeing you on the 13th!

Good question. The easy answer is yes, sort of. I told them to have fun with our menu, so I am not sure if it will be a tasting menu or if it will be a multi course meal served family style.

ps:In your title put your screen name and the number of spots you would like. It should look like this:

Hillvalley-2 spots.

Most of the paypal emails have gone out. If you have not received one, don't worry. I will contact you this afternoon.

If you are having trouble with your paypal account and need to use another form of payment please email me and we can work something out.

Another couple of spots opened up again yesterday if you are interested. We have first timers, people coming alone, as well as seasoned veterans so there is no need to worry about being the only one who is.......

So I talked with Bebo today ... Roberto is coming up with a special menu for this dinner.

$75 including tax and tip for a Roberto-Donna prepared meal? With good, inexpensive wines available by the bottle and glass?

Dudes, there's still time.

Maybe I'll even put a little menu-tease up, but I think it's safe to say you're going to want to be there.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Everyone has been contacted or sent a PayPal email. Let me know if there are any problesm. (I probably won't be able to respond until Monday evening.)

Here is a list of those attending. Let me know if you would like to add your name to the list.

agm+1

Banco+1

catherine+1

ChicaGrace

DanielK

dcdavidm+1

Edacious+1

mktye

principia+1

hm212

babka

A big Thank You to hillvalley and Alysa for setting up tonight's wonderful DR.com dinner at Bebo Trattoria!!!

Also, lots of thanks to our waiters, Sema & Giovanni, and the rest of the fantastic waitstaff (the service was excellent), DonRocks for the tasty prosecco and, last, but not least, thank you Chef Donna for not only preparing our delicious dinner, but taking the time to come out and chat with us.

The Menu:

Chestnut Soup served with Pig’s Ears filled with Sausage, Sweetbreads and Pancetta

post-24-1166070258_thumb.jpgpost-24-1166070275_thumb.jpg post-24-1166070291_thumb.jpg

Ravioli del Plin filled with Fonduta Cheese served in a Butter and Sage Sauce

post-24-1166070306_thumb.jpg

Risotto with White Truffle and Fried Mushrooms

post-24-1166070321_thumb.jpg

Seared Nantucket Bay Scallops served with Fresh Porcini Mushrooms and a Parsley Sauce

post-24-1166070335_thumb.jpg

Roasted Breast of Partridge served with Tempura Fried Partridge Leg and Pomegranate Sauce

post-24-1166070347_thumb.jpg

Trio of: Bomboloni, Bicerin & Roasted Figs with a Port Reduction

post-24-1166070361_thumb.jpg

As can be seen in the last picture of that series, I really enjoyed the soup (there was serious consideration at our end of the table regarding the licking of bowls). My other favorites were the risotto and the pairing of the parsley sauce with the scallops.

And if I am ever sent to jail ( :P ), I'd be happy to subsist on that heavenly fried bread and water. Or maybe the bomboloni and water... mmm, fried dough. :D

It was great to meet some new people, see old friends and have the opportunity to talk with you all!

Chestnut Soup served with Pig’s Ears filled with Sausage, Sweetbreads and Pancetta
Unexpectedly sumptuous. You can indeed make a silk purse from a sow's ear.
Seared Nantucket Bay Scallops served with Fresh Porcini Mushrooms and a Parsley Sauce
I think I may have possibly finished the parsley sauce with my fingers when the fork and bread could get no more. The scallops were lovely, but that peppery minty greeny sauce could make a napkin taste good.
Trio of: Bomboloni, Bicerin & Roasted Figs with a Port Reduction
Bicerin: Chocolate-coated valium.

Thank you, everyone, for the lovely evening!