Rhubarb

Monica Bhide

I really need to find some fresh rhubarb ( I know it is out of season) or frozen rhubarb, asap. I am doing some recipe testing and cannot find it anywhere. I have looked in Vienna in Whole Foods, Trader Joes and Giant. Do you know of any place that is selling it or if there is a good online resource I can tap into?

Thanks much.. :P

I really need to find some fresh rhubarb ( I know it is out of season) or frozen rhubarb, asap. I am doing some recipe testing and cannot find it anywhere. I have looked in Vienna in Whole Foods, Trader Joes and Giant. Do you know of any place that is selling it or if there is a good online resource I can tap into?

Thanks much.. :P

Balducci's on Franklin Street in Alexandria, VA, but call first.

Does online work for you? Rhubarb ROCKS! We used to grow it in our back yard in Michigan, and my dad my the world's best rhubarb crisp each summer. Delicious memories!

http://gurneys.com/search.asp?eid=081506&s...hcd2=1164813339

International Gourmet has it frozen. You would need to get a 30# case. They are a wholesaler but they might be willing to help you if you pick up.

Try calling them. They are in Springfield,Va.

Has anyone in DC found rhubarb yet? I haven't seen it at the Dupont Farmers market or P Street Whole Foods. Having company tomorrow night and would love to be able to serve something bright and zingy for dessert...but maybe we're still too early?