DC Area Cookbook Authors

hgolightly

Didn't some guy named Fabio something-or-the-other publish a cookbook recently? :P

Here's the book bundled with Happy in the Kitchen. (Peter Kaminsky, the writer hired for the project, is great.)

A Dame d'Escoffier if not a chef, but Najmieh Batmanglij is great, especially Silk Road... & New Food...

Just chefs and cookbooks? Or are local/native-born authors who write books about food of interest? Nina Planck, Sam Fromartz...

I noticed in the Post today that Michel Richard is going to be at Politics and Prose on Wednesday at 7 p.m.

Hopefully, he will be speaking as well as signing books.

That sounds entertaining and conveniently located/timed. Anyone going?

That sounds entertaining and conveniently located/timed. Anyone going?

that's my big night out this weekend! :P a girlfriend and i are planning a trip to Comet and then to P&P for the event.

that's so much for all the responses, this really helps a lot. and yes, i shouldn't have tried to limit it to restauranteurs; i'm interested in local authors as well.

cheers,

holly

Yup, with book in hand. The only question is where to eat after it is over.
Places where you can get a decent meal on that block: Buck's and Comet.

Places where they use something resembling food: Uptown Cathay, Besta Pizza.

Personally I'd eat first and understand that you'll end up in the back during the talk. Otherwise you'll have to wait in line to get the book signed and wait in line to eat because Comet and Buck's are bound to be full!