TMB - Silver Spring and Takoma Park

Heather

I feel for you. However, it doesn't have to be "good." Just a place that's condusive for folks to meet & greet. Who knows--you might just find a diamond in the rough! [uptown Cathay is not known for its food. In fact, quite a few people wonder why that place is still in existence.]

It's been ages since I've wandered into TP. Isn't there a bowling alley on University? :P What about the Flower & Piney Branch intersection? IIRC there are quite a few Latino restaurants on that corner. Another suggestion: you might want to consider redefining TP to include DC.

Or Silver Spring. How about a TkPk/SS gathering? Maybe at the Quarryhouse downtown?

If anyone is interested let me know. It would be great to get some folks who haven't been to a dr.com gathering before.

The Quarry House sounds like a great idea. I've been meaning to check out the bands that play there. They've got a limited bar menu (burgers and sandwiches) but the beer menu is much more extensive and interesting!

OK, TkPk/SS crew will get their drink on at the Quarryhouse. Shall we say Tuesday, 12/12, maybe 7:30pm? Post or PM and let me know if you're interested.

ETA: Actually, 12/12 won't work for me. Maybe the following week - 12/19?

12/19 works MUCH better for me (...at this time. 4Q is always a tough time with lots of business travel).

I'll be the hapless soul to start the thread for our neck of the woods. Tues, Dec 19 was tossed out as a possible date for a holiday neighbourhood gathering. I'll start off the list of possibilities:

• Quarry House Tavern (Silver Spring)
  • RTC (Silver Spring)
  • Royal Mile Pub (Wheaton)
  • Ceviche (Silver Spring)
  • McGinty's (Silver Spring)

Heck, we could do a crawl of all the downtown SS places!

Bump.

OK, so what about 12/19? Anyone want to get together? One vote here for starting at the Quarryhouse.

I am also willing to organize and host a neighborhood potluck, but it would have to be after the first of the year.

Let me check in with my owners, but I think at least one of us should be able to make it down.

That might be pushing into people's Xmas travel plans (at least it is for us). However, Nutty Buddy, Peanut and I will be around the Thursday after Xmas.
Let's keep it on the 19th because I now have something going on the 21st. Not everyone will be able to make every event - we'll catch you the next time, Dean. :P

I'm going to try to make it as well--7:30 may actually be a do-able time for me. I pass by the place every day, but haven't noticed where to park. Is the Wayne St garage the closest, or is there parking closer to the QH?
Wayne is the closest garage, but there's usually some parking on Bonifant St.

Bump...

Do we have a tentative head count? And should we stay at the Quarryhouse or wander somewhere else after a while?

Me and the +1 are still up for it. My evening is completely free now, seeing as how the Gogol Bordello show is sold out :P

Maybe HH at Quarrytown followed up by hanger steak at The Usual? And then pints of Guinness at McGinty's? And then mojitos at Ceviche?

Me and the +1 are still up for it. My evening is completely free now, seeing as how the Gogol Bordello show is sold out :P

Maybe HH at Quarrytown followed up by hanger steak at The Usual? And then pints of Guinness at McGinty's? And then mojitos at Ceviche?

Good God man. You do realize it's a school night?

LizH, don't pay him any mind. See you at the Quarryhouse at 7:30 tomorrow.

I hope people don't go "oh, another post from HIM" and ignore this.

The Quarry House Tavern is CLOSED TONITE, according to their MySpace page for a staff party. So we need to find another venue for our get together.

Lacking any other options, I'm going to suggest McGinty's. I'll try to PM everyone that said they were coming.

I hope people don't go "oh, another post from HIM" and ignore this.

The Quarry House Tavern is CLOSED TONITE, according to their MySpace page for a staff party. So we need to find another venue for our get together.

Lacking any other options, I'm going to suggest McGinty's. I'll try to PM everyone that said they were coming.

Works for me. I probably won't make it down until 7:45/8.

Thanks for checking, xcanuck! I've also never been to McGinty's, but I believe (from prior posts) that there is an upstairs and downstairs. Where shall we be gathering, in case any newbies arrive late? (Or, do we even have a choice?)
upstairs, methinks. the downstairs is tiny.

It was nice to meet everyone. we need to go somewhere where there is good food next time. I was afraid to order anything last night and was starved when I got home. Quarry house gets my vote for after the holidays. Cheers, Liz

Apparently Ceviche has a happy hour from 4-7pm, M-F. They had a pile of promo cards at the Gold's Gym in SS. I picked one up - their signature mixed drinks are $5 and beers are $4. I can list the particulars if anyone's interested. But sounds like it could be another alternative for a TMB HH or just a weekday whim. And their food has gotta be more interesting than the other options in the area (with the exception of certain sacred cow).