D.O.'s with Subregions : Any Actual Producers Available

I am a big fan of the wines of Pignan, within the Chateauneuf-du-Pape AOC.
I recently had a 1990 Rayas that was fantastic.

I Cote Rotie I love Cote Blonde (Cote Brune is not half bad either :P ).

The easiest place I can think of to find subregions is in Burgundy, I believe that Chablis alone has 29 different subregions (from Beauroy to Vosgros).

I recently had a 1990 Rayas that was fantastic.

I Cote Rotie I love Cote Blonde (Cote Brune is not half bad either :P ).

The easiest place I can think of to find subregions is in Burgundy, I believe that Chablis alone has 29 different subregions (from Beauroy to Vosgros).

yeah, .. i love the wines from the cote blonde and brune, especially when you find ones from single spots liek the La La's, but not from Guigal,, Rostaing has one some in condrieu and rotie.

and when i think of it, are you speaking of La Bastide St. Dominiques. Secrets de Pignan, or other.. bc i love what they do,, the white is smokin.

I recently had the 00 and 01 vintages of this wine. While the 2000 was more approachable they were both ridiciously good.

Had a good wine last night, Pierre Laplace 2001 from the Madiran A.O.C.. Never heard of this region before... It was provided by an importer for a dinner, so I'm not sure of the availability or price, but if it's this cheap, it's a steal.

Madiran and Cotes de Buzet are districts in Gascony. Chateau Montus is the benchmark Madiran. The wines are made from Tannat and "softened up" with Cabernet Sauvignon.

I love Madiran. And as the world's viticultural regions slowly get warmer, I think a lot of enterprising vigneron further north will be wishing they planted tannat, fer servadou, etc.

i love the wines of Marcillac (Var: fer servadou), and the the cool little place of Collioure inside of Banyuls. what do you think of the districts of Rais Baixas, and whether it really matters, or is there a prolific difference from O Rosal, and Soutumaior, or Candod do Tea