Pomegranates

JLK

Do you have any favorites? I have enjoyed savory pomegrate preparations in restaurants (versus desserts), but have never tried making them at home.

This caught my eye. I'm not sure I how I feel about this take on guacamole including pomegranate seeds.

i'd be interested in this too. i love poms but have never used them for anything except sprinkling over a salad. the guacamole above looks very interesting...and i'm not usually a fan of it.

I desperately need to find a fresh pomegranate or at least pomegranate seeds (not juice, molasses, yogurt, etc) - please let me know if you've seen them for sale anywhere recently? Preferably in DC, but anywhere within the metro area will do. Thanks.

We make a spinach salad with pomegranate seeds, grapefruit, red onion, with a vinaigrette dressing.
In a similar vein, I did a salad from the new Mario cookbook with thinly sliced fennel, pomegranate seeds, blood orange, onion and a vinaigrette.

I like reducing the juice from a couple of pomegranates to a syrup to which I add some venison stock (beef would be fine) and I finish this with fresh pomegranate seeds. At the last minute I swirl in a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and use this as a sauce for venison.

A reduction of the juice with a bit of verjus makes a nice sauce for scallops.