Bresaola

chickenlover

I've never bought any there, but Trader Joe's (West End) usually has bresaola, pre-sliced in vacuum packages, at a gentler price than you're likely to find elsewhere. I can't attest to its quality, but I've been generally satisfied with the cured meats I've gotten there.

I've never bought any there, but Trader Joe's (West End) usually has bresaola, pre-sliced in vacuum packages, at a gentler price than you're likely to find elsewhere. I can't attest to its quality, but I've been generally satisfied with the cured meats I've gotten there.
It's not horrendous.

Cheesetique may have it.

I've bought Bresaola at Cheesetique in Del Ray many a time. Give Jill a buzz to make sure it's in stock before you trek over.

And don't neglect the northern Italian cheeses while you're there....

*sigh, dreaming of the happy*

Mes salaisons.

8133500346_f076339808_c.jpg

Viande de Grisons (air-dried Randall-Lineback eye-of-round with herbs. No casing); Bresaola (air-dried Black Angus eye-of-round in beef bung), Saucisson sec (lean Randall-lineback, pork fatback, lucknow fennel, black peppercorn in beef middle). No starter culture, no problem. Bloom County Opus.

Society Fair bresaola very fine. Got two kinds of bresaola and lardo and guanciale, all sliced by Julien, himself, meticulously. I told him it would be eaten by just me and my husband and he sliced the amount he thought would be good for one session with nothing left over to dry up. I would have ordered more but deferred to his judgment. He judged well.

Ate it all accompanied by an old vine Zinfandel. Ambrosia.

Have to say, I liked the lardo best. Husband cannot choose, he liked them all.

Excellent service. Excellent food.