Red Sage To Close Its Doors

cheezepowder

That's too bad. We went there on Christmas Eve several years ago. It was our first Christmas up here in DC by ourselves. We'd been living up here for a few years by then but always went home to see family at Christmas. This was our first year by ourselves and I was torn between starting our own traditions and not seeing our families. But our Christmas Eve was picture perfect, almost Norman Rockwell perfect and it made me think that we'd made a good choice by staying in town.

We both worked til about 1:00 on Christmas Eve. When we met at the Botanical Gardens it began snowing. After touring the gardens, we walked in the snow to Red Sage and sat at a window table while watching huge snowflakes float down from the sky. Everything was getting coated in snow while we ate our late lunch. After we finished we walked over to the National Christmas Tree (and it was still snowing). I remember sliding on the walkways around the tree and shivering because all I had one was a sweater and Jim keeping his arm around me as he tried to keep me warm.

For me the was about as perfect a Christmas Eve as I could imagine. It will always will be one of my fondest memories of life in DC.

That's too bad. We went there on Christmas Eve several years ago. It was our first Christmas up here in DC by ourselves. We'd been living up here for a few years by then but always went home to see family at Christmas. This was our first year by ourselves and I was torn between starting our own traditions and not seeing our families. But our Christmas Eve was picture perfect, almost Norman Rockwell perfect and it made me think that we'd made a good choice by staying in town.

We both worked til about 1:00 on Christmas Eve. When we met at the Botanical Gardens it began snowing. After touring the gardens, we walked in the snow to Red Sage and sat at a window table while watching huge snowflakes float down from the sky. Everything was getting coated in snow while we ate our late lunch. After we finished we walked over to the National Christmas Tree (and it was still snowing). I remember sliding on the walkways around the tree and shivering because all I had one was a sweater and Jim keeping his arm around me as he tried to keep me warm.

For me the was about as perfect a Christmas Eve as I could imagine. It will always will be one of my fondest memories of life in DC.

Really wondeful, expressive, evocative post. Thank you for sharing.

What do you order at a restaurant that is closing its doors in two days?
It seems that the correct answer would have been to eat beforehand. A little sad because I have actually had some pretty decent meals there in the past.

Looks like tons of people are trying to get in a last quesadilla upstairs whereas the downstairs is bare outside the party rooms filled with lots of groups that booked prior to the announcement.