Fresh Med, Middle-Eastern Carryout in the Former Amernick Space in Cleveland Park

They have a nice lunch special of sandwich, house salad or fries, and soda for $7.95. Although the fries are from a bag, they weren't bad as long as you didn't use the "Chef's Gourmet" gelatinous ketchup packets they offered as an accompaniment. My friend got the Chicken Schwarma sandwich that wasn't too dried out and had good flavor, but nothing to write home about, of which my own hummus sandwich would fall into the same category. Service and food was fast, except for the owner or manager who was on the cell phone while repeating our order and ringing us up. That was a bit strange for me. I don't know how this place would compare to the other 2 greek places, though.

I live in this neighborhood & Fresh Med is one of our go-to carry out places for nights we can't be bothered to cook. They are definitely better than Byblos (across the street). Yannis is a different kind of place--it's a sit-down restaurant with outdoor seating & a bar. I've only eaten there a few times; I had an excellent grilled octopus for lunch there once, but I don't have a good sense of the kitchen's overall quality or reliability.

I live in this neighborhood & Fresh Med is one of our go-to carry out places for nights we can't be bothered to cook. They are definitely better than Byblos (across the street). Yannis is a different kind of place--it's a sit-down restaurant with outdoor seating & a bar. I've only eaten there a few times; I had an excellent grilled octopus for lunch there once, but I don't have a good sense of the kitchen's overall quality or reliability.

Byblos is classic greasy spoon carry out and Marco makes some pretty great specials. I think youhave to know what to oder and be int he mood for Byblos, but it is very good for the genre. For example, I am not a fan of Steak & Eg and wish Byblos was open 24 hours when the need for greasy spoon food hits at 3am.

Fresh med is great ingredients for what they are offering, but I wish they upped their seasoning levels. We split about 66% Byblos and 33% Fresh Med (well mayby 50% byblos, 25% Vace and 25% Fresh Med for our takeout needs.

We really like the hummus at Fresh Med. It tastes smokey to me--as if there is some really good smoked paprika in it. We often run in to pick up hummus to go when we have dinner at Dino.

Mine didn't have any smokey taste, but it tasted a bit grittier than what I usually expect in hummus. I guess that was why it was just alright -- I much prefer the ones at Arax Cafe in Arlington.... Glad to see this little thread getting some action!

I had a Fresh Med Falafel over the weekend and it was good.  They could add some of the more traditional toppings like the pickled turnips and add a little more tahini sauce to the mix.  But definitely a filling lunch ($8.75 gets you a falafel, fries, and soda).

Plus they have a nice little selection of Middle Eastern groceries on some back shelves - spices, grape leaves, harrisa, sweets.  One could easily do some damage there.

I agree with many of the above comments. Fresh Med is better than Byblos but neither is great. My favorites at Fresh Med are the baklava and the kibbeh. Most of the sandwiches I've had are so so and brought down by the thin, bland pita.  Some days I miss Yanni's for a good gyro with thick tzatziki. A better option all around is Lebanese Taverna down in Woodley Park (one of the few times where WP beats CP).