Road Tasted in Washington, DC

CrescentFresh

Tivo thought I'd like to see Road Tasted with the Deen boys in Washington, DC last night. Call me an intolerant snob, but I usually go running from the kind of joints that are "proudly serving Vegans since 1957!" Whatever. Get on your flying saucer and go back to Vega. But I actually found myself strangely drawn to the sticky buns segment shot at Sticky Fingers Bakery in Columbia Heights. You know how Cheesetique gives you that "these are our kinda people" feeling? I got that impression from what I saw of the folks at Sticky Fingers. And for a dairy-free, egg-less sticky bun, it looked really good. I'm very tempted to make a run up there to see if they taste as good as they look. (And if only to hear the girl talk about the "goo" drizzled on top! :P )

Tivo thought I'd like to see Road Tasted with the Deen boys in Washington, DC last night. Call me an intolerant snob, but I usually go running from the kind of joints that are "proudly serving Vegans since 1957!" Whatever. Get on your flying saucer and go back to Vega. But I actually found myself strangely drawn to the sticky buns segment shot at Sticky Fingers Bakery in Columbia Heights. You know how Cheesetique gives you that "these are our kinda people" feeling? I got that impression from what I saw of the folks at Sticky Fingers. And for a dairy-free, egg-less sticky bun, it looked really good. I'm very tempted to make a run up there to see if they taste as good as they look. (And if only to hear the girl talk about the "goo" drizzled on top! :D )
WRC TV did a segment on Sticky Fingers several months ago. The Fabulous Wendy Rieger mentioned, after this was shown, that she very dutifully tried to cook from the 1970s book "Diet for a Small Planet" and made a cake that she described as being like "a very heavy brick." :P

And for a dairy-free, egg-less sticky bun, it looked really good. I'm very tempted to make a run up there to see if they taste as good as they look. (And if only to hear the girl talk about the "goo" drizzled on top! :lol: )

Am I the only one who is somewhat disturbed by "sticky bun" and "goo" mentioned in the same breath?

:P:D