Daruma, Japanese Lunch Counter in Bethesda - Closed

I had lunch today at Daruma, the Japanese market/lunch counter in Bethesda. They offer a variety of udon, ramen and rice dishes as well as Japanese curries and a small assortment of sushi. Many of the dishes come with traditional Japanese sides such as pickled vegetables. They also have a hamburger and fries served on rice.

They recently expanded their seating counter and rearranged the market to focus more on the lunch counter. There is also a great Japanese bakery, handmade tofu and some fish for sushi, not to mention everything else you would want out of a Japanese market. The soft drinks are worth the small splurge. They have flavors such as peach and milk that we rarely see in American sodas.

Daruma in Bethesda is a great little find. Its off of Bradley and Arlington. Its a Japanese market with a little food counter featuring great Sushi and nice ramen. For $25 we had a quick and easy lunch for 2. They also have a superb sake selection featuring Oni Koroshi, Suishin, Bisohnen and lots of others. Yum!

Daruma in Bethesda is a great little find.  Its off of Bradley and Arlington.  Its a Japanese market with a little food counter featuring great Sushi and nice ramen.  For $25 we had a quick and easy lunch for 2.  They also have a superb sake selection featuring Oni Koroshi, Suishin, Bisohnen and lots of others.  Yum!

I've shopped there many times but never eaten at the counter. Having just come back from two weeks in Japan I imagine I'll be making a trip to stock up on all the goodies I'd forgotten that I loved. I'll have to try the counter this time.

Looks like someplace that the RPLC might want to check out?? Sounds delicious!
If available, I would be into this. My biggest concern is parking. I can't quite figure out where is legal to park near there. Anybody whose been have any advice?

If available, I would be into this. My biggest concern is parking. I can't quite figure out where is legal to park near there. Anybody whose been have any advice?

There's a small parking lot for the place. I believe there is actually a garage further back. I think there is also street parking, and a Safeway catty-cornered from there... which yeah isn't totally legal, but just go in and buy a soda =D.