Homebrew Tapping Party

edenman

Tapping party this wednesday (1/31, 7pm) at my place, for my latest beer, a hoppy american wheat (7.6%). I'm calling it "Curious George" since the aroma has big notes of banana (also clove, spice), and it's hopped with a ton of european noble hops (Hallertau, Fuggles). There's also a limited amount of imperial stout (10%), also fairly hoppy but overwhelmed by the size. Available while it lasts.

If you want to swing by for a pint or 3, lemme know here or by PM. My place is pretty small, but I can probably accomodate at least another 10-15 in addition to my friends that i've already invited. I'm a couple blocks NE of dupont circle, but I'll avoid posting location specifics here...will relay details via PM once I figure out how many people are coming.

Isn't beer better when it conditions longer? I'd advise rescheduling for on or about Feb 16.

Don't worry, we only finished one of the two kegs. There's another 5 gallons of hoppy wheaty goodness left in my fridge, and it'll be there for at least another month. And according to experts, supposedly beers with lots of hop flavor don't age that well. Bitterness, yes. Flavor, no.

That said, there is apparently a bar in Belgium where they have Orval vintages from up to 20 years ago (Orval is the hoppiest of the trappist ales). Anybody else heard of this? I heard about it at a beer tasting recently and I scribbled down "Literkirken" but that spelling doesn't seem to be right: google turns up nada.

That said, there is apparently a bar in Belgium where they have Orval vintages from up to 20 years ago (Orval is the hoppiest of the trappist ales). Anybody else heard of this? I heard about it at a beer tasting recently and I scribbled down "Literkirken" but that spelling doesn't seem to be right: google turns up nada.

Google + mock Flemish mojo = success. Here you go: De Heeren van Liedekercke (which is actually in Denderleeuw...the owners are originally from Liedekercke). More info here.