Snider's

mr food

I've been doing quite a bit of shopping at Sniders lately. Buy their specials and you get good prices. They've featured MD backfin crabmeat recently for $13 a pound and I've produced some tremedous crabcakes using it. Lots of lumps. I like their meats as well and if it's near lunchtime try one of their $4 sandwiches. I also like the atmosphere-everyone is so friendly and helpful.

More good... I agree about Sniders... I am picky about my bagels, and I like theirs. I think they are from the NY Bakery on Georgia, which seems to have an impossible parking lot.

I also really like Snider's deli and meat departments. They have a great butcher.

Bad... The seafood at Whole Foods in SS, it is ok, but so expensive.

How is that new seafood place on Georgia near Sniders?

More good... I agree about Sniders... I am picky about my bagels, and I like theirs.  I think they are from the NY Bakery on Georgia, which seems to have an impossible parking lot.

I also really like Snider's deli and meat departments.  They have a great butcher. 

Bad... The seafood at Whole Foods in SS, it is ok, but so expensive. 

How is that new seafood place on Georgia near Sniders?

see here

Snider's appears to have introduced (expanded?) its kosher food section recently. It's now located in the same aisle as paper towels. I was most excited to find matzo meal and potato starch.

Could this just be their ramp up for Passover, which is next week? Not uncommon to see more Kosher/Jewish foods this time of year than usual at stores...

Snider's appears to have introduced (expanded?) its kosher food section recently. It's now located in the same aisle as paper towels. I was most excited to find matzo meal and potato starch.
They've always dedicated a dozen shelf feet or so to Kosher products. Since they moved everything around, it's at the very last aisle to the left that runs from the front of the store to the back. The deli also always has a few traditionally Jewish foods (couldn't tell you if they even pretend that these are kosher). As Dan suggests, they typically bring more stuff in leading up to Passover. There are also quite a few more bottles of Manischewitz than they typically carry (mmmmmm, Manischewitz).

Snider’s Super Foods in Montgomery Hills has been sold to a locally based group of small food markets, according to Terry Sweet, one of Snider’s managers. The purchasers operate Streets Market & Café, based in Washington, D.C. The company opened its first store in 2014 and currently operates nine locations in the District, Baltimore, Arlington and Alexandria, Va.

https://www.sourceofthespring.com/business/sniders-sold-local-group-food-market-operators/

32 minutes ago, ElGuapo said:

Snider’s Super Foods in Montgomery Hills has been sold to a locally based group of small food markets, according to Terry Sweet, one of Snider’s managers. The purchasers operate Streets Market & Café, based in Washington, D.C. The company opened its first store in 2014 and currently operates nine locations in the District, Baltimore, Arlington and Alexandria, Va.

https://www.sourceofthespring.com/business/sniders-sold-local-group-food-market-operators/

This has been the talk of the surrounding neighborhoods this weekend. All I want to know is whether the new owners will still be able to sell beer and wine.

6 minutes ago, dracisk said:

This has been the talk of the surrounding neighborhoods this weekend. All I want to know is whether the new owners will still be able to sell beer and wine.

“We first have to transfer the beer and wine license,” he said. “That takes 30 days. You have to post [the notice] on the door. So my guess it will be some time in September, October.”

5 minutes ago, ElGuapo said:

“We first have to transfer the beer and wine license,” he said. “That takes 30 days. You have to post [the notice] on the door. So my guess it will be some time in September, October.”

Thank you! Moving too fast and didn't click on your link but clearly should have!