Cork & Bottle

We drive by this place all the time. It's on upper Georgia Ave not far from the MoCo line. Does anyone know if it's worth dropping in?

Just curious, I figure that anything has to be better than the MoCo liquors in downtown Silver Spring.

We drive by this place all the time. It's on upper Georgia Ave not far from the MoCo line. Does anyone know if it's worth dropping in?

Just curious, I figure that anything has to be better than the MoCo liquors in downtown Silver Spring.

Whoa, don't knock that MoCo store. I was stocking up for a party a few weeks ago and was FLOORED by the deals I got on liquor. The wine and beer selection sucks but I get over it real quick when I am paying 22 dollars for a bottle of Hendricks.

Whoa, don't knock that MoCo store. I was stocking up for a party a few weeks ago and was FLOORED by the deals I got on liquor. The wine and beer selection sucks but I get over it real quick when I am paying 22 dollars for a bottle of Hendricks.
That's the case with all of the MoCo stores. You can get some very good liquor deals, but, as highlighted in the recent City Paper article, the beer and wine selection and prices suck.

I wonder if that stretch of Georgia just across the district line is ever going to get to be high end enough to support a good wine shop.