Dining on Easter Sunday

monavano

It looks like it will be just me and mr. mv for Easter this year. Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice brunch spot? In addition to the local DC/MD/VA region, I'd also appreciate places out of town, like Anapolis and Middleburg for example.

Thanks.

Restaurant 2941 always has a great brunch. Auberge Provencale in White Post is good and has a pretty setting. I haven't been to Ashby Inn in years, but they usually have a brunch also. They have been in transition and I don't know the outcome of it.

Four and Twenty Blackbirds in Flint Hill never disappoints. Middleburg...can't recommend anything there. The French HOund may be open but I have never been.

Seeking Easter brunch options -- ideally in DC, but I can also consider Arlington/Alexandria/Bethesda/Silver Spring for the right restaurant. Complicating matters are 1. my cousin's request for a buffet, 2. we are a party of 7 or 8, 3. price needs to be "reasonable" (so no Ritz/Four Seasons suggestions please) and 4. nothing ethnic.

David Greggory had such a brunch a few years ago so I will call to see if they're doing it again this year.

It looks like it will be just me and mr. mv for Easter this year. Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice brunch spot? In addition to the local DC/MD/VA region, I'd also appreciate places out of town, like Anapolis and Middleburg for example.

Thanks.

We always enjoy the casual and refined Ashby Inn in Paris, VA, a short drive from Middleburg. They have posted their Easter Sunday menu here.

Thanks.

I just made reservations for the Colonade foorm at the Fairmont Hotel. Definitely a splurge, but worth evry single penny. Plus, they have extended their brunch time until 4:00 for Easter. Also, Open Table has just released a list of places that are doing special menus. http://www.opentable.com/promo.aspx?m=9&pid=228 I would definitely suggest 15 Ria. I LOVE that place! Hope that helps.....

LaShanta