New Regions Coming Up

what dou you think about the reds of Hungary, and its dry whites? tell Skurnik, and Theisse to grab some

i was in hungary this january, and had some fabulous merlots from szekszard. have no idea where to buy it here; it's probably not imported much. would buy cases if it were.

i was in hungary this january, and had some fabulous merlots from szekszard. have no idea where to buy it here; it's probably not imported much. would buy cases if it were.

Hungarian Bulls Blood is available in most stores. They are making it more into a Bourdeaux blend by replacing the Kardaka and kekfrankos with Cabernet and Merlot. It's still a good wine at a cheap price - Usually $6. If you ever get out to Fairfax, Il Vino has a few Hungarian wines made from small producers. They are priced around $15. They also has a large selection of Italian wines made from small producers. This is a good wine shop.

One could hardly claim that Sardegna is an up and coming wine region, but I love touting some of their wines, currently, a dfind from a few years ago continues to not disappoint - Argiolas' Costalomino (Vermentino) - just a great, great every day white that plays so well with so many situations.