Creating the Don Rockwell Cocktail

The time has come to create the Don Rockwell Cocktail (aka the Fancy Pants).

I submit that the Don Rockwell Cocktail should begin with a Cognac base. Perhaps some Champagne as well. It is up to all of us to determie what next and exactly what Cognac and Champagne we should use.

Thrasher, if you're up there, we need your help.

I submit that the Don Rockwell Cocktail should begin with a Cognac base. Perhaps some Champagne as well. It is up to all of us to determie what next and exactly what Cognac and Champagne we should use.

Something fruity?

going back to the Mojito Madness thread:

I propose that we have a Battle of the Bartenders

Todd "The Evel Genius" Thrasher v. Derek "There's a Fire in my Fly" Brown

Each bartender develops a Don Rockwell Cocktail called the "Fancy Pants"

we convene for a taste off at a time and place to be determined.

I think it should be something he would really, really hate. How about HPNOTIQ and Clos du Bois Chard? Mmmmm.

going back to the Mojito Madness thread:

I propose that we have a Battle of the Bartenders

Todd "The Evel Genius" Thrasher v. Derek "There's a Fire in my Fly" Brown

Each bartender develops a Don Rockwell Cocktail called the "Fancy Pants"

we convene for a taste off at a time and place to be determined.

We should try and pull this off as a fundraiser or something.

Not until you finish naming MY cocktail. :P

Edited by Waitman

I think it should be something he would really, really hate. How about HPNOTIQ and Clos du Bois Chard? Mmmmm.

Two things.

One, I'm not going up against Thrasher. I'd lose.

Two, I was thinking we should base the Rockwell Cocktail off the Incredible Hulk (Hypnotiq and Hennesy). Imagine Rocks in purple shorts, "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

I submit that the Don Rockwell Cocktail should begin with a Cognac base.

You guys are slow, so I did it myself.

A good Cognac, with a splash of limoncello. Had Ramon Narvaez make me one last night at Marcel's. Mmmm....

On 7/26/2005 at 2:23 PM, derekmbrown said:

I'm still waiting, Derek!

But I just created something truly beautiful.

5 ounces 2012 Glen Manor Sauvignon Blanc, lightly chilled

1 whole grapefruit, freshly squeezed

Yes I did, and yes it is. It is *fantastic*!

It is better than the wine by itself, and it is better than the grapefruit juice by itself. Truly, this is synergy at its finest.

Pure luck, and completely unplanned - I just poured myself a glass of wine, looked over and saw some of Matt's fruit from his band fundraiser, and thought to myself, "ËœWell, why not?'

Dreaming of a White Citrus? (*) Try this - you'll *love* it. The problem is trying not to chug it!

(*) "Bing" Cherry optional

Since you weren't there (of course you weren't) at the DR.com picnic after this thread was started, the "Don Rockwell" cocktail was served: cognac and Limoncello--that latter made by yours truly. Squids brought a rather exceptional bottle of cognac for this.  Been too many years ago.

I'm still waiting, Derek!

But I just created something truly beautiful.

5 ounces 2012 Glen Manor Sauvignon Blanc, lightly chilled

1 whole grapefruit, freshly squeezed

Yes I did, and yes it is. It is *fantastic*!

It is better than the wine by itself, and it is better than the grapefruit juice by itself. Truly, this is synergy at its finest.

Pure luck, and completely unplanned - I just poured myself a glass of wine, looked over and saw some of Matt's fruit from his band fundraiser, and thought to myself, "ËœWell, why not?'

Dreaming of a White Citrus? (*) Try this - you'll *love* it. The problem is trying not to chug it!

(*) "Bing" Cherry optional

Don--apparently you don't take blood pressure meds. Those who do are advised against eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice.

Don--apparently you don't take blood pressure meds. Those who do are advised against eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice.

I continue to be surprised by how many restaurant/cocktail industry people don't know this.  It's not just blood pressure medications; there are over 80 prescription drugs on the no-grapefruit list, including some very common ones, and the potential side effects can be serious or fatal.

This article does a decent job of explaining it to the layman.