Snacks on a Plane

How brilliant is this?

This dude asks the flight attendant for five little bottles of whatever at a time...and several cups of ice. Then he fills his barf bag with the ice, stacks and stows the plastic cups out of sight, and makes a little wine/booze cooler for the loot.

This way, there's only one (or two) beverage transactions, the stash stays nice and cold and he is less likely have to wait for the cart or find that his selection has run dry.

Isn't that the greatest?

Actually that is a great idea. We only come down the aisle once these days as we have been shortchanged supplies and labor. Add to that we run out of whatever we are selling by the time we reach the last few rows, it makes for some upset passengers. And besides that it also prevents the dude from ringing his damn call light a zillion times! :blink:

We only come down the aisle once these days as we have been shortchanged supplies and labor. Add to that we run out of whatever we are selling by the time we reach the last few rows, it makes for some upset passengers.

Translation: Aisle B - damned.

Congratulations on meeting your weight requirements. :blink:

How brilliant is this?

This dude asks the flight attendant for five little bottles of whatever at a time...and several cups of ice. Then he fills his barf bag with the ice, stacks and stows the plastic cups out of sight, and makes a little wine/booze cooler for the loot.

This way, there's only one (or two) beverage transactions, the stash stays nice and cold and he is less likely have to wait for the cart or find that his selection has run dry.

Isn't that the greatest?

This is totally brilliant. I drank on a plane for the first time two weeks ago (turbulence; thought the end was near), and I believe that it is a highly-underrated experience. When you add the chilled-wine, barf bag angle, it's over the top.

Maybe this the right place for this story....I was flying first class on a flight from San Jose to Zurich (not business, but first...world of a difference). I never liked port before but when the cheese tray came around, I figured that I might as well get a glass. And it was good - really good! So I asked for a second, then third, then fourth glass. The FA look more incredulous but kept serving me. I think I went through the better part of the bottle, which I asked to see so I could pick up a bottle when I got back stateside.

When I did get home, I looked in wine stores but couldn't fine that particular bottle. Who knew that you could only get Graham's Late Vintage Port 1994 on the Internet for $119/bottle? No wonder the FA was virtually apoplectic. Good times, tho. Drank another bottle's worth on the flight home.

Maybe this the right place for this story....I was flying first class on a flight from San Jose to Zurich (not business, but first...world of a difference). I never liked port before but when the cheese tray came around, I figured that I might as well get a glass. And it was good - really good! So I asked for a second, then third, then fourth glass. The FA look more incredulous but kept serving me. I think I went through the better part of the bottle, which I asked to see so I could pick up a bottle when I got back stateside.

When I did get home, I looked in wine stores but couldn't fine that particular bottle. Who knew that you could only get Graham's Late Vintage Port 1994 on the Internet for $119/bottle? No wonder the FA was virtually apoplectic. Good times, tho. Drank another bottle's worth on the flight home.

As long as you aren't obnoxious, ask for all you want! Would you believe all of it gets tossed at the end of the flight? Unless you have a flight attendant who really likes port, but very few even know what it tastes like. I was introduced to Royal Tokaji, Corton Charlemagne GC, Lynch Bage, etc....at the end of many flights.

I'm not kidding. When I did this the young man working the x-ray machine gave me a thumbs up. (It was a long flight)

Before the ban on liquids, I carried 12 bottles of beer in a carryon for a friend in Chattanooga. The guy running the x-ray said "Somebody's having a party!"