Who needs DR.com? Just ask your car where to eat...

Drive-by Critic

Acura MDX....

As good as the standard MDX might be, the really good stuff is optional, and we’d bet that most MDXs will be equipped with one or more of the additional-cost packages. Opt for the Technology Package, and the MDX gets a DVD navigation system with voice recognition, a rearview camera, and Zagat Survey restaurant reviews and ratings; a triple-zone, solar-sensing, GPS-linked climate control system with a humidity sensor; HandsFreeLink Bluetooth wireless communications with a phone book import feature; and AcuraLink satellite communications with real-time traffic reporting. As if that’s not enough, the Technology Package also includes a stunning 410-watt Acura/ELS Surround audio system with Dolby Pro Logic II, a DVD-Audio player, and 10 speakers.

Granted, it can be hard to know where to eat when you are away from your home turf, but I've actually seen TGIF listed in Zagat's. Might as well stick with your Mobil Travel Guide if you can't find a local food board.

Ellen

Acura MDX....

As good as the standard MDX might be, the really good stuff is optional, and we’d bet that most MDXs will be equipped with one or more of the additional-cost packages. Opt for the Technology Package, and the MDX gets a DVD navigation system with voice recognition, a rearview camera, and Zagat Survey restaurant reviews and ratings; a triple-zone, solar-sensing, GPS-linked climate control system with a humidity sensor; HandsFreeLink Bluetooth wireless communications with a phone book import feature; and AcuraLink satellite communications with real-time traffic reporting. As if that’s not enough, the Technology Package also includes a stunning 410-watt Acura/ELS Surround audio system with Dolby Pro Logic II, a DVD-Audio player, and 10 speakers.

Granted, it can be hard to know where to eat when you are away from your home turf, but I've actually seen TGIF listed in Zagat's. Might as well stick with your Mobil Travel Guide if you can't find a local food board.

Ellen

And to think I've been wasting my time just asking the locals where to go...

Well...when they bring out a car that will go to the restaurant on its own, pick up the food, and return it to me...THAT will be an option I'll consider. Meanwhile, I'm wondering when most car manufacturers will learn about these new-fangled MP3 things. Even the few cars with built-in docking stations don't have big display screens to let you use the iPod safely. And when they finally do, I see a real opp for Sr. Rocks...podcasting his Lettres de Moulin Rouge! The regs here can be the chorus (Greek chorus?).

Ellen

A great set of wheels, this MDX. Have owned one since 2001 and then got suckered into their flagship RL in 2005. With all the info available on so many things it is unfortunate that the DVD which stores all this is almost always 18 months old and thus information is never up to date. And yes, ZAGAT is better used as a phone book.