Stinky Cheese Tasting at Cheesetique

Our second dr.com exclusive Cheesetique tasting will be on Sunday, August 28th at 5pm. Jill's theme for this month is stinky cheese :P The cost will be $16 which includes the $15 for the tasting and the $1.00 paypal fee.

From the most recent Cheesetique e-newletter:

What more could you ask for? A whole evening of stinky cheeses! We will learn to savor the stink of some of the finest washed-rind and otherwise "fragrant" cheeses in the world. This is not for the faint of heart - or weak of nostril.

If you would like to join us please PM or email me.

Our second dr.com exclusive Cheesetique tasting will be on Sunday, August 28th at 5pm.  Jill's theme for this month is stinky cheese :P The cost will be $16 which includes the $15 for the tasting and the $1.00 paypal fee.

Thanks for setting this up hillvalley. Do you know if the cheeses will be the same as the other stinky cheese tastings?

Our second dr.com exclusive Cheesetique tasting will be on Sunday, August 28th at 5pm.  Jill's theme for this month is stinky cheese :P The cost will be $16 which includes the $15 for the tasting and the $1.00 paypal fee.

Darn! I'm going to be out of town that weekend. Any other tastings this month?

I'm looking forward to this opportunity to restore my curdic balance, which was thrown off-kilter during a pilgrimage to the Neal's Yard Dairy shop in Covent Garden.

I was so queased out from a nascent Oxford tour-bus virus that I couldn't stomach entering the shop, much less sampling the goods. I had to wait across the street, forlornly slouching in the rain.

So Cheesetique, bring on the stink!

I wonder if Cheesetique could arrange for a tasting of some Israeli exports.

It could be called "Cheeses of Nazareth."

:P

Doc, if we meet up someday, I'll tell you a great story involving a friend of mine, a religious conference, and the jist of your pun.

I was in Cheestique last night just before closing and Jill was setting up for last night's tasting. She said that she had filled over 100 spots for this tasting over the next two weeks! Who knew there was so much love for the ghastly stinky cheeses? I managed to weasel into an open spot on next Tuesday's (23rd) tasting, and was wondering if anyone went last night? Spill it, folks.

Doc,  if we meet up someday, I'll tell you a great story involving a friend of mine, a religious conference, and the jist of your pun.

I was in Cheestique last night just before closing and Jill was setting up for last night's tasting.  She said that she had filled over 100 spots for this tasting over the next two weeks!  Who knew there was so much love for the ghastly stinky cheeses?  I managed to weasel into an open spot on next Tuesday's (23rd) tasting, and was wondering if anyone went last night?  Spill it, folks.

We were at the tasting last night and the cheeses were all amazing. Didn't necessarily like them all but they were all interesting and Jill, as usual, was a font of knowledge on each and every one.

Attended the tasting class yesterday and was pleased with the selection that she chose. I do not have the list in front of me, but I am sure you will enjoy. Let me know if you want the list as I can post it or PM it to you.

Mrs. TJ and I went to the 'Stinky Cheese' tasting last night. You guys are in for a treat. Lots of fun and some of those cheeses really aren't that stinky. She focused on washed rind cheeses primarily. Very educational and eye opening. I had the best Epoisses I have ever had last night for example.

Have fun!

Just FYI, unless they make changes to the line-up for you, here's the Stinky Cheese lineup we had the other night --

I did not get the producer names in most cases (no need, as this will be my new cheese place hands down), but here's a list --

Morbier -- quite mild and not very stinky really, 'crispy' rind

Esrom -- Whoa. Quite distinct and slightly ashy-tasting (no ash in it)

Grayson -- Mmmm Salty-good &it'd be great in cooking too (fr onionsoup)

Pont l'Eveque -- Terrific inside - so creamy, rind is ok

Chimay -- 'brined' in Chimay Ale, this was great, but pretty sharp

Taleggio -- a great producer here Origone(?) - so creamy & subtle&good

Chevrochon -- bacon, meat and smoke SUPER DAMN GOOD

La Serena -- Mrs. TJ *hated* this, but I loved it -- really nutty in a hazelnut and acorn way, a love it or hate it thing I think

Muenster -- a real quality Muenster -- very delicious and rich

Epoisses -- the first of this kind of cheese that I really loved so good.

Just FYI, unless they make changes to the line-up for you, here's the Stinky Cheese lineup we had the other night --

I did not get the producer names in most cases (no need, as this will be my new cheese place hands down), but here's a list --

Morbier -- quite mild and not very stinky really, 'crispy' rind

Esrom -- Whoa. Quite distinct and slightly ashy-tasting (no ash in it)

Grayson -- Mmmm Salty-good &it'd be great in cooking too (fr onionsoup)

Pont l'Eveque -- Terrific inside - so creamy, rind is ok

Chimay -- 'brined' in Chimay Ale, this was great, but pretty sharp

Taleggio -- a great producer here Origone(?) - so creamy & subtle&good

Chevrochon -- bacon, meat and smoke SUPER DAMN GOOD

La Serena -- Mrs. TJ *hated* this, but I loved it -- really nutty in a hazelnut and acorn way, a love it or hate it thing I think

Muenster -- a real quality Muenster -- very delicious and rich

Epoisses -- the first of this kind of cheese that I really loved so good.

I went last week and had most of the same cheeses that were mentioed above with one exception. Instead of the Muenster we sampled a Redhawk from Cowgirl Creamery in Northern Cali. This was a triple-cream intensely flavored cow's milk cheese.

I'd be happy to stand in for Heather's husband.  Do I need to hear from Paypal?

Dunno. If there's a waitlist it might be fairer for me to offer this to the one waiting the longest. I think our fearless calendar diva might be out of town right now so who knows? :P I will check.

Yep, I was away on a work retreat. The spot has been filled.

Just for future reference, if you have a cancelation please let me know before you post it. As I did with this event, if I am not going to be available the few days before the event I will send you a PM before I leave to let you know. If any porblmes arrise you should then get in touch with Don. I have a waiting list for events and like to give people on it fair chance before others chime in.

That was really a lot of fun. Thanks to Jill, particularly, for her enthusiasm (easily the greatest of her many gifts to local cheese lovers), hillvalley for her Gregorian charms, DonRocks for gifts granted and much more for the cast of thousands roaming through the fields, near and far, and simply ruminating.

Good to see assorted friends whom I've met before, and new ones such as StephenB, ereidy and Pete. It wasn't exactly the kind of opportunity to chat more than saying hi, so perhaps we'll see you all at the picnic?

I wonder if Cheesetique could arrange for a tasting of some Israeli exports.

It could be called "Cheeses of Nazareth."

:lol:

Back in the days when "Honk if you love Jesus" bumper stickers were all the born-again rage, I really wanted to print "Honk If You Love Cheeses" bumper stickers for fellow members of the sybarites movement. Perhaps this could be a joint venture of Cheesetique and Rockwellians.