Pho Saigon 8, Arlandria - Closed

OK, so I am not super familiar with Pho dinning, but I know what I like, and this place shows effort. Thats right, effort. Horrible location as some might say, one side is Wind Zone, the other side is MOM Organic Market, inside Arlandria.

The food is good, solid seasoning, large portions, the service is attentive, and the decor is......well, what you would imagine.

Give it a try next time you are thinking Birchmere show, or running late from the Pentagon.

Stopped in last night for a bite and have to echo Rabbi1969's comments - give them a try!

I also am not much of a pho connoisseur, but I thought the beef broth pho with rare steak was very good - hints of anise and other spices in the broth and very tasty when 'customized' with the accompanying basil, sprouts, lime, sriracha, and hoisin sauce. The portions are very large and very reasonably priced. We also tried the B1 - a combo platter of sorts - skewers of grilled pork and shrimp, crispy spring roll, and crispy stuffed tofu served over vermicelli, with the usual side salad of cucumber, lettuce, carrots, sprouts, etc. Pretty good - the tofu wasn't my favorite - on the greasy side and the pork (?) filling had very little seasoning/flavor. On the whole it satisfied my desire to try a little bit of everything and it was mentioned in this article as the manager's favorite so I thought I'd give it a try.

With a shared order of pork and shrimp garden rolls (these were only so-so; the accompanying peanut sauce was very thick and not too appealing), a large bowl of pho, the B1 entree, and 2 beers, we got out for under $30, pre-tip.

We were told that business has been slow, so do stop by if you're a local or in the neighborhood. They have a fairly long lunch special menu and also serve tapioca drinks. Food came out fast, the service was friendly and helpful, and it was a decent, pretty cheap meal.

We recently tried this place and I also agree with the two posts above: you get a large amount of tasty, fresh food at a very reasonable price. A huge bowl of pho, filled with tender steak and a delicate broth, is less than $6. Vietnamese beer is about $3.50 (cheaper during happy hour, I think). The service is quick and friendly.

"Dude. Sinh To Tran Chau by delivery."

"Frozen fruit smoothies by delivery?"

"Yes, fruity frozen goodness with tapioca pearls by delivery."

I just discovered that Pho Saigon 8 delivers their entire Vietnamese menu including...well I'm not going to say it again.

Besides, it's hard to talk when you have a brain freeze.

The following stuff was tasty as well, especially the quail. Friendly ordering process, mindful packaging, a lucky find (or an "on" night) for convenient delivery in the neighborhood.

A2. Goi Cuon - Shrimp Garden Rolls

A13. Chim Cut Roti - Saigon 8 Famous Roast Quails marinated in our special white wine sauce, served over fresh salad served with a zesty lemon sauce

V4. Com Chay Thap Cam saigon 8 buddha's delight assorted vegetables & crispy tofu sauteed in our delicious house sauce, served with jasmine rice

B1. Bun Saigon 7 Dac Biet - Bun Saigon 8 Special skewered grilled shrimps, and pork with crispy spring roll & crispy stuffed shrimp tofu

As FYI reference, here's a link to their menu.

Their phone has been disconnected for a few weeks, but a recent drive by confirmed their closure.

And another one bites the bụi...

(argh, delivery was so convenient)

(hope they moved on to other good things, not bankruptcy)

That's a shame - they were very nice people. I had headed down to Pho King back in October when Pho Saigon 8 was closed (on a Tuesday, a regular closure). Pho King was OK, but I remembered Pho Saigon 8's pho having much more flavor. Wonder what will be next in that space...