Todd Thrasher: Swanky Studbolt

Vote Eve's Todd Thrasher "best dressed in DC" in DC Style Magazine's online poll. Todd has been nominated so let's get the vote out.

Click here and the "Click Here" button for the poll is roughly right in the middle of the page, underneath the gray box entitled "Web Exclusives." Todd is the last one on the list.

[Don, can we make a separate thread out of this?]

edited to add: And don't forget to verify your vote via email or it won't count.

Edited by Jacques Gastreaux

Hahahaha. Thrasher wins in a landslide despite stiff competition from a mortgage banker with a Robert Smith haircut, a gelato-shop guy on a Band-era Bob Dylan kick and Latin America's two finest Siegfried and Roy impersonators. All in all, that's one of the weirdest things I've seen online in a while (and that's saying something.) Why should I scruple to provide a fine publication with editorial content this well thought out with all my contact details?

Edited by Stretch

I never knew I was a studbolt!

"Have you ever seen a hammerhead when you were diving?" I asked Todd this evening.

"Oh, yeah!" he said. "On our honeymoon we were in a fourteen-foot Odyssey off the Fiji Islands, and we saw this really long dorsal fin that's characteristic of hammerheads. It came swimming along right beside us, and we all realized that it was longer than the boat."

"Wow! That must have been one serious rush!"

"And then the captain dropped the engines, and said to jump in."

<pause>

"What did you do?"

"I jumped right in!"

<pause>

"For what reason?"

"To get a picture of it!"

<...>

"That's because you don't care if you live or die."

"You know, that's the same ignorant response that all non-divers have. Despite what you may think, sharks are not aggressive."

<...>

"Try telling that to a fish."

"Sharks have this innate ability to determine between fish and humans - in fact, no scuba diver has ever been killed in a shark attack in the United States."

"Did you have a harpoon?"

His eyes got large and round, and then he let out a loud chortle, slapped me on my back, and got up to walk away.

"You don't use harpoons when you dive!" he cackled, and then disappeared back into the restaurant.

And it was then that I realized that I had just been summarily dismissed, and that the person who had williingly and eagerly jumped into the open sea alongside a giant hammerhead shark, this person, HE was looking at ME like I was the Village Idiot.

I knew it was only a matter of time after I voted for Todd that I would start receiving spam from DCStyle. I guess that's what the "This is Spam" button is for.

edited to ad: Todd, no need to apologize. Whenever you put your email into something like that, spam is sure to come. I expected it and have the technology to deal with it.

further edited to add: And I was looking for an excuse to bring this thread back up to the top of the list so more people will vote for you.

Edited by Jacques Gastreaux

I knew it was only a matter of time after I voted for Todd that I would start receiving spam from DCStyle.  I guess that's what the "This is Spam" button is for.

C'mon JG. You know you want to take advantage of the special DCStyle discount offer with Hinkle, Purring, Gharagozloo, D.D.S. Don't pretend otherwise! :P

I knew it was only a matter of time after I voted for Todd that I would start receiving spam from DCStyle.  I guess that's what the "This is Spam" button is for.

edited to ad:  Todd, no need to apologize.  Whenever you put your email into something like that, spam is sure to come.  I expected it and have the technology to deal with it.

further edited to add:  And I was looking for an excuse to bring this thread back up to the top of the list so more people will vote for you.

Just got one of those myself. Thanks for the explanation, Jacques.

File this under "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished."